How do you hang it from you bucket?

/ How do you hang it from you bucket?
After all of the much appreciated impute from everone, I went with 3 hooks welded on top. I also put a brace (pict #3 & 4) on the inside back of the bucket so I can hook chains to the top exposed lip. This keeps the hook from sliding to the outside bucket edge. I also came up with a way to hang my shackles and chains and as soon as it is back from my friend, that is powder coating it for me I'll add a picture of it also,

Again thanks for all of you impute and help! Your a bunch of good guys. :thumbsup:

Now to the next project of putting lights on my ROP.:)

Attachments

• IMG_0134.jpg
    IMG_0134.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 371
  • IMG_0135.jpg
    IMG_0135.jpg
    783.7 KB · Views: 313
  • IMG_0136.jpg
    IMG_0136.jpg
    996.7 KB · Views: 325
  • IMG_0137.jpg
    IMG_0137.jpg
    616.5 KB · Views: 275
Last edited:
   / How do you hang it from you bucket? #22  
It seems that many have the same ideas.

Attachments

• bucket crop.jpg
    bucket crop.jpg
    280.4 KB · Views: 315
   / How do you hang it from you bucket? #23  
Mine just has a trailer hitch ball in the top of the bucket. I tie off to that all the time or hook behind in the formed lip.

/ How do you hang it from you bucket? #24  
Someone on TBN built this. Many adapters.

I have a hitch just like in JJ's pic and also welded on 3 hooks. One on each side of the bucket and one in the center on top of the hitch.

Chris

/ How do you hang it from you bucket? #25  
on the new holland 555c i have. it has some hooks like others show in pictures. but the hooks are oblong and different thickness through out it. so different size chains / hooks on chains. can fit on to it. or rather make that just the chain itself can be placed into it. and hold the chain nice and tight, without having to rehook the chain back to itself.

when i went looking for a loader / backhoe. now that i think about it. i remember seeing alot of loader / backhoes with the same style of hook welded to the top of the front bucket.

for me, i have different size chains, some for log, some smaller for lifting, and some cable for dealing with trees and shrubs. and the abilty to just toss chain through the hook regardless of size of chain. has came in pretty handy. it can be annoying having to re-hook the chain back to itself at times. more so i tight situations. and in a couple situation it was rather dangerous trying to get in around the bucket to re-hook a chain back to itself. vs being able to toss chain around the hook, and be ready to pull out or lift what ever.

the 24" backhoe bucket. just has a hook on the back of it. *frowns* on the front end loader a generic hook wouldn't be a problem. but for the backhoe bucket that can do almost 360 degrees flip around. that hook has caused me some grief a couple times when not paying attention. and the chain slid off of the hook. walking through mud, and ruts to restive the cable hidden in tall grass is no fun.