HOW DO YOU TOW YOUR TRACTOR PART#2

/ HOW DO YOU TOW YOUR TRACTOR PART#2 #21  
Looks like they removed integral structure from the tongue when they cut out that section for the trailer jack. Bare minimum, all of that should be boxed in. Jack is usally attached to one side, or in between A-frame, so structure is not comprimised. Here is one example. I agree with others, ramp pins are okay, those are the same pins that hold your drawbar in your truck receiver hitch. Ramps look a little short too, but that is okay unless you drag something going up or down. Philip.

Attachments

• TRAILERFEL54.jpg
    TRAILERFEL54.jpg
    686.4 KB · Views: 185
   / HOW DO YOU TOW YOUR TRACTOR PART#2
They should have set the jack back like these trailers. Then they would have not had to cut the frame and your tailgate will go done with out getting a long ball mount. The pin that hold the ramps is large enough. The ramps look short to me. I don't like how they have the excess wire tied up. I would go over every nut and bolt to make sure everything is tight.

I'm going to re-wire the whole trailer after the welding is done. The ramps are a bit shorter than I would like, but nothing should hit. I havent loaded the tractor onto it yet but when I do I should have a better Idea of any other modifications needed. Lots of work to do considering its a new trailer, but I'm a bit exhausted from all of this! It will be right when I get done.

Looks like they removed integral structure from the tongue when they cut out that section for the trailer jack. Bare minimum, all of that should be boxed in. Jack is usally attached to one side, or in between A-frame, so structure is not comprimised. Here is one example. I agree with others, ramp pins are okay, those are the same pins that hold your drawbar in your truck receiver hitch. Ramps look a little short too, but that is okay unless you drag something going up or down. Philip.

Its not the pins that are really concerning me...its the piece of metal welded to the trailer that the pins go down into. seems a bit weak to me for such heavy ramps. I'm having that re-done with a heavier guage metal when I get the welding done. I know the pins are fine, its just the metal tab that holds them.

I forgot to mention that I know I said "pins" were a concern, but I meant the metal tab extending from the trailer....sorry for the mistake!

/ HOW DO YOU TOW YOUR TRACTOR PART#2 #25  
I forgot to mention that I know I said "pins" were a concern, but I meant the metal tab extending from the trailer....sorry for the mistake!

Pappa,

No question you should not be happy. I agree talk to the dealer and make your concerns well known. If he wants to stay in business he may "do the right thing" if not spend the money and get it fixed right or trade it for something you have peace of mind with and will know your investment will be safe behind you. also don't forget to put a trailer jack/wedge in the storage box so that if you do need to change the tire you have the equipment.

/ HOW DO YOU TOW YOUR TRACTOR PART#2 #26  
I would take the trailer back to the dealer and show them. I would get a refund or a get a trailer from a different manufacturer.

/ HOW DO YOU TOW YOUR TRACTOR PART#2 #27  
I would find out if the manufacturer is a menber of National Association of Trailer Manufacturers.
I would think that if they build and sell trailers, they would licensed by the state DMV.
Years ago, at the dealership I work for, we considered selling trailers from a local welding shop but had second thoughts after checking out their liability coverage.

/ HOW DO YOU TOW YOUR TRACTOR PART#2 #28  
Glad you caught it before putting a good load on it! I have had the tongue on most of my trailers redone for one reason or another but mostly to change to a bulldog style hitch and when doing so always take the opportunity to beef up. It will be fine once you get it right...enjoy