How good is the 54 Snow Blower with Plastic Impeller

/ How good is the 54 Snow Blower with Plastic Impeller #21  
12 years with one here, 150" a year average snowfall, and
i have yet to clog my 47 blower. including snow of all types,
even that slush that falls from the sky!

:D

Well I've blown an estimated 300" of clog free snow here in Southeastern PA in nine years with my loved JD 47" blower. :thumbsup:

Point here I'm trying to make is to dispute the JD dealers claim that "JD blowers don't clog". Not true.

The stuff that clogs is the grey slush type. When "blowing" that material it´s exiting the spout with an arc like water coming out of a water hose your holding up. Dropping 3-4' to the side. That slush clogs my blower, even at slow speeds and full throttle. I'd guess that type of precipitation is much more common in Southeastern PA then an area that experiences 150" of annual snowfall.

Well anyways, wasn't claiming to know more than most families if you know what i mean. Why don't you take a video of the slush clogging yours all up... I think the key here is "operations". If you overfeed ANY snowblower it could clog. finesse.

After all, I may have only had this snowblower for 1 week but I do live in mountains of maine with 100"+ of snow so I've broken lessor machines at all hours and have a pretty good idea what clog failure feels like... But then again I've also only broken a few shear pins (due to sucking in a branch and other time a garden hose)...

:)

All I was claiming was to know more than a JD salesman that makes the statement "JD blowers don't clog"

As a side joke I'd be in no mood to take a video when my blowers clogged with slush. :D

/ How good is the 54 Snow Blower with Plastic Impeller #22  
All I was claiming was to know more than a JD salesman that makes the statement "JD blowers don't clog"

As a side joke I'd be in no mood to take a video when my blowers clogged with slush. :D

Yeah, we don't get a lot of that watery goop up here, but we do get heavy snow and melt.

I can only imagine how happy you'd be on a video with the blower all jammed up.... I wouldn't be impressed myself.

To your point, you are correct, a salesman rarely knows what's going on outside of their limited vision. I'm sure some do, but most of the time they are the last to know what's really going on.

At the end of the day, as far as blowers are concerned, I think 99% of us would admit that if a JD 47 or 54 is getting plugged up, most anything else (orange, black or otherwise) would probably be having issues as well.

/ How good is the 54 Snow Blower with Plastic Impeller #23  
At the end of the day, as far as blowers are concerned, I think 99% of us would admit that if a JD 47 or 54 is getting plugged up, most anything else (orange, black or otherwise) would probably be having issues as well.

:thumbsup: