How hard is it to assemble a quonset hut type bldg

/ How hard is it to assemble a quonset hut type bldg #81  
I'll try. Too dark both AM & PM today when to even bother. Will try to get home a bit earlier tomorrow & have some more daylight. I didn't even walk over to look at it but my 6 yr old did & confirmed there was concrete in there. :laughing:

/ How hard is it to assemble a quonset hut type bldg #82  
Motorseven you where right the bluiding has straighten up 10 sections up 6 to go problem now is running out of nuts and bolts went to local nut and bolt store recommend I stay with orginal type call a company that makes them 1000 equals 472 dollars any suggestions?

/ How hard is it to assemble a quonset hut type bldg #84  
I searched ebay and didn't find those need to work on my search techique once again you saved the day 6 more sections and the archs will be complete then grout and end pieces... Slow steady progress .... :thumbsup:

/ How hard is it to assemble a quonset hut type bldg #85  
I've been "stuck" on a few projects myself...glad to help;)

/ How hard is it to assemble a quonset hut type bldg #86  
Things are going well though I am doing it backwards but it's coming together looking forward to getting the archs up then working on getting stuff out of the other sheds so I can meet the permit requirements so they can go away and let me finish... I really appreciate the help...

/ How hard is it to assemble a quonset hut type bldg #87  
Keep us posted please.

/ How hard is it to assemble a quonset hut type bldg #88  
Okay here's where I stand 12 sections up new nuts and bolts are in, Hopefully will have it up by the end of the year then we figure out the deck or end pieces ... Here's a couple of pic's

Attachments

• shed11-10-2011 003.JPG
    shed11-10-2011 003.JPG
    166.2 KB · Views: 429
  • shed11-10-2011 002.JPG
    shed11-10-2011 002.JPG
    141.9 KB · Views: 320
  • shed11-10-2011 001.JPG
    shed11-10-2011 001.JPG
    122.4 KB · Views: 334
   / How hard is it to assemble a quonset hut type bldg #89  
I know I am doing it backwards but it's the hand I was dealt the other buildings must come down and I only have a certain amount of time since I had to get a permit... Still wondering about cement or end pieces first... I figure six steps.
1. get shed up and tight
2. cement side channels
3. end pieces
4. cement deck
5. lights and power
6. overhang on front

Since I am poor this is a cash only project.. Have to move stuff from the other three sheds as they are torn down, to meet my permit requirements, One shed is down already... This has been a fun project so far since I have done it by myself, pain to move scaffolding a section at the time but I are getting there. Need to figure out end pieces since goal is to get a old tractor to refurbish need to figure out size for roll up.... I have old mechanical stuff Motorcycles and stuff and want a old tractor also ... Just my dream Thanks to everyone that has responded I will keep you all posted...

/ How hard is it to assemble a quonset hut type bldg #90  
Looks good. I don't see your "L" strapping....are you moving it down as you go? If you are not using any, then you are doing a outstanding job of keeping it from leaning & square. I had to use strapping mine started leaning just after a few arches. You can move it as you go or just leave it on the building. I figured it would add to the strength so I just left mine on.