How long would you search for tool

/ How long would you search for tool
If keys are a tool. When I find set of truck keys will be able to use it. been a week have searched eveywhere I have been since locking the truck . I know to keep a spare. can't find it either.
Tool box in bed is locked. cannot see them anywhere in pick up. looking through the windows.
Not really in a hurry to locate since the fuel prices is high. but the battery will rundown in time.
ken

Well Ken, did ya manage to get into that truck?

/ How long would you search for tool #22  
One time awhile back I couldn't find any of the nuts that came with my hold down set for the mill. I know I had put them somewhere since no one but I had been in the shop since the last time I remembered using them. I looked everywhere...several times too! I resorted to regular nuts and washers for a long time before I found them again "hiding" on my lathe's faceplate where I was using them for counter weight to balance an irregular shaped part. Happiness truly is "all's well that ends well"!

/ How long would you search for tool #23  
Well Ken, did ya manage to get into that truck?

Thanks for reminding me should reply when solved. Yes found the keys after getting the spare located for the truck and purchasing a new lock for the tool box and drilled the old lock out. also gathered up house door keys . Wally World was happy to do the rekeying so could get around the place .
Did you know the simple key to the truck was 12 bucks. should of had Wal-Mart make one for 1 buck .
Kind of rambeling Found the keys after the freeze when grass died and they must of fell out pocket when mowing grass. so have another spare bunch rusty corroded and with the old lock key tossed so wouldn't wonder where it supposed to fit which lock.

Don't get old people think this is normal behavior.
On earlier post was mentioned finding flashlights when cleaning out tool box there nothing but a casket for dead batteries.
ken

I built a new cross fence and while clearing some briars on the old fence row, my wife found a pair of fencing pliers that her dad had to have left out there. He's been gone three years and no telling how long those pliers been laying out there. A little WD 40 and they work like a champ.

/ How long would you search for tool #25  
I would keep an eye out for a missing tool forever. Nothing bugs me like not knowing where something is, if I know it is missing.

I have a Swiss Army knife that I bought in 1973, but through moves and such, it was on the missing list for about 10 years before I found it again. It's like seeing an old friend when stuff like that turns up. :)

/ How long would you search for tool #26  
Looking for my rivet gun a few years back and could not find it. Bought a new one and when putting it away placed it right on top of the one I had.:confused2::eek::laughing:

Been there and done that!!!:thumbsup:

/ How long would you search for tool #27  
I'm sort of a pack rat...I keep anything I think might be of use someday....most of the this stuff stays where I leave it often for years and years...every now and then I get a wild hair and "straighten" up...It never fails as soon as I move something or throw something away...it seems like the next day I have a use for a particular item...that before I recently moved it I knew exactly where it was...but can't for the life of can't find it when I want it...

I think the definition of junk is stuff we keep for years and years, then finally throw it away a week before ya need it.

/ How long would you search for tool #29  
Thanks for reminding me should reply when solved. Yes found the keys after getting the spare located for the truck and purchasing a new lock for the tool box and drilled the old lock out. also gathered up house door keys . Wally World was happy to do the rekeying so could get around the place .
Did you know the simple key to the truck was 12 bucks. should of had Wal-Mart make one for 1 buck .
Kind of rambeling Found the keys after the freeze when grass died and they must of fell out pocket when mowing grass. so have another spare bunch rusty corroded and with the old lock key tossed so wouldn't wonder where it supposed to fit which lock.

Don't get old people think this is normal behavior.
On earlier post was mentioned finding flashlights when cleaning out tool box there nothing but a casket for dead batteries.
ken

I had a similar experience. On halloween I hitch up the tractor to a utility trailer with sides and drive the kids into town (about 1 mile) and take them trick-or-treating. They love it. Anyway, I had filled the tank before we left and I must have left the fuel cap sitting on the fender. Somewhere throughout the night I noticed it was gone. The next day in the daylight, I drove the route twice with the tractor and could not find it. Finally bought a new one, and was mad that for some reason Deere decided to make them red instead of the original chrome- looks stupid to me. Then about a week into December, we went outside and cut down a pine that I didn't like to use as a Christmas tree. After cutting it, I set down the saw right next to the fuel cap. :laughing: I must have walked past it 5 times in those 4 weeks and never saw it.

/ How long would you search for tool #30  
I usually search until I find an alternative.

However, I have had some great finds over the years! Wife lost a gold necklace during a snow blizzard. Found it eight months later while mowing grass, undamaged. Find a Stainless Steel revolver in the bottom of a boat, that looked like junk for sure. Now all cleaned up and regripped has become a family heirloom. I found two sets of lost keys, while I was cleaning out a truck I just sold!

But my marbles? I lose them all the time. Haven't found a one yet!