How long would you search for tool

/ How long would you search for tool #51  
Many times, lol. Same with safety glasses.

I completely forgot about safety glasses, which are usually found on the top of my head, right where I left them. :laughing:

/ How long would you search for tool #52  
Yep, it's like the dammmn keys you're carrying around...while looking for them. Usually, this is just a short term "look" before the "doh!" hits.

For now, anyway. :D

/ How long would you search for tool #53  
i have the same tool set from craftsman that i bought in 1970.if i misplace a wrench i stop what i am doing and hunt till i find it,i could have 2 or 3 of the same thing but will hunt till i find the one that's missing.i guess that's why i still have them.every tool has its place and when its not home let the hunt begin.

/ How long would you search for tool #54  
I keep a pen on a lanyard attached to my tool belt. Several times ive walked away leaving it lying on the bench and cleared the entire tabletop at once.

/ How long would you search for tool #55  
Whaddya doin' with a pen in your toolbelt...just ain't right. :laughing:

/ How long would you search for tool #56  
I know, I know...you're just more sure of your work. :D

/ How long would you search for tool
On a different note, I found one hundred seventy dollars cash laying on the ground at the base of a gas pump when I stopped to fuel up. Didn't see it til right before I left. Alerted the manager but nobody ever
claimed a loss.

/ How long would you search for tool #58  
no matter what, when you find something it is always in the last place you looked. Unless you feel the need to keep looking after finding it. :)

/ How long would you search for tool #59  
I think the definition of junk is stuff we keep for years and years, then finally throw it away a week before ya need it.

Long ago I bought an unusual hoe--metal head only--that needed a handle. It was a great old handmade hoe that was beautiful and looked like it would work really well. It was a classic.

For nearly 40 years I shuffled that POS around in the shop, moved it to five difference homes and still never found the correct handle. On a cleaning tear last summer I was going like a crazy man and finally threw in the towel. I tossed it, despite great personal anquish over the decades of looking for that darned handle.

Well, I forgot I threw it out and a couple months later at a farm sale I excitedly bought several suitable handles for near zero. Wow was I shocked on the ride home when I remembered tossing that handle out. Moral; never stop looking and never throw anything out.

/ How long would you search for tool #60  
The best way to organize and clean up is to start looking for a "lost" tool. Sometimes I forget what I was looking for in the first place but it is enjoyable to find something that you had forgot that you even had in the first place. For example, start looking for an item, come across a broom-decide to sweep up, then while sweeping find a washer or nut and take it to the bolt bin- decide to organize the bins, find a fastener that you were needing for a project yesterday that you couldn't find-decide to go finish the other project, finish up, then clean up and call it a day. Get relaxed in your easy chair and remember that you were looking for the LOST item and never found it. Hopefully you can sleep at night thinking about where that lost tool is. Many times I have went to a restless sleep thinking about such and such and the next day I know exactly what I need to do. The subconscious mind sometimes works better than the conscious one.