How low can propane get and still run?

/ How low can propane get and still run?
First time we have ever had an issue in 20 years, doubt we do again.

The pipe is all new or newer, I think this piece was black iron, is that right? Have to ask him. The pipe was fine everywhere except right where it met the dirt at the top. I had put that ground up tire mulch around it you buy at Sam's and he was wondering if maybe it had a chemical reaction with the pipe right there, it seemed odd as the old one had been in for many a year and wasn't bad when we took it out. He had run a new service line from the tank put in new regulators and everything. Probably some crummy chinese made stuff. Lots of poor quality products out there from them.

/ How low can propane get and still run? #22  
I called last Saturday for plenty of lead time to fill our propane tank. Today its down to 16%, never had it that low before. I checked yesterday and she said I was on the list, but still no fill. My husband, said it can get to 10% and still work, is that right? We have been with this company for 20 years and they have never let us run out. I figure everybody jumped in with this cold spell hitting and are running out so calling. We only have to fill 3 or 4 times a year and I'm sure many buy the minimum 100 gallons so have to fill more often. Just wondering as I'm getting nervous. We heat, have hot water, and cook off propane so could get mighty cold. Right now our motorhome is being remodeled so we have most of the inside out, kind of hard to stay in it if necessary. Was 27 here north of Houston last night.

Assuming that you have a house you have most likely 500 gal tank. So 10 % is 50 gal of fuel. That is about by my estimation about 7000000 BTU. At 27F ambient it should last at least few weeks

/ How low can propane get and still run?
Ours is a 250 gallon tank. We heat hot water, cook, and heat our house from it.

/ How low can propane get and still run? #24  
i usually call at 10% on my 500gal tank and have run it down to 5% in the summer when all im running is the stove.