How many carry extra magazine concealed carry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / How many carry extra magazine concealed carry. #11  
I keep an extra mag in the vehicle and if I feel the need carry it. When I go to Kansas City MO I carry two extra mags and a backup gun.

/ How many carry extra magazine concealed carry. #12  
I keep an extra mag in the vehicle and if I feel the need carry it. When I go to Kansas City MO I carry two extra mags and a backup gun.

:D

Seems fair. That'd be me in pretty much ANY city where my permit is valid.

/ How many carry extra magazine concealed carry. #13  
50/50 Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Depends on the holster I use. One has an extra mag pouch built in.

/ How many carry extra magazine concealed carry. #14  
No extra mag when I carry but the 8 rounder in my Kimber Pro carry is loaded with .45 Silver Tips.
Semper Fi
DevilDog

/ How many carry extra magazine concealed carry. #15  
Once in a blue moon we go down to the eastern market to shop.

Was at the Eastern Market two months ago...it felt very safe, but it was broad daylight at the time !!! And BTW I have never felt the need to carry an extra magazine...if you need more than a few shots you just ended up in the wrong place at the wrong time and no amount of extra ammo is going to matter. Favorite CCW is a Walther PK .380.

/ How many carry extra magazine concealed carry. #16  
I don't, and I probably should. Of course there are more in the car. Every car. But I carry a fairly large phone too. Yeah I know, phones make lousy bullet launchers. No there is not an app for that.:)

/ How many carry extra magazine concealed carry. #17  
I'm blessed to not feel the need to carry here. With that said, I greatly appreciate those that do. Thank you guys for being prepared. If there would have been a few conceal carry guys in Paris things would have turned out a lot differently. I have little to no respect for the French.....

Thanks again guys.

/ How many carry extra magazine concealed carry. #18  
I looked at reports of shoot outs and alo took a three day course at Sig Sauer. First of all there is little hard data and police shoot outs may or may not be applicable. Many trainers have their own ideas and data to support those techniques.

From what I can tell it is extraordinarily unlikely that you would fire more than two to four rounds. Consider that "Each round you fire comes with a lawyer attached."

OTOH it is very likely that the incident occurs in low light conditions: Sig says 70-80% occur in "low light" conditions. Night sights or a light are thus much more likely to be useful than extra capacity.

It is considerably more likely you will be attacked by someone with fists, a club, or knife than a gun. In many instances (in the city, anyway) having something like pepper spray instantly available may be more practical than drawing a gun. Getting cover or an obstacle between us is my first instinct.

/ How many carry extra magazine concealed carry. #19  
I carry one extra in car when traveling. The extra is fmj incase I want to target shoot. That way I don't need to unload the 11 HP magtech rnds. The fmj in .45 Cal. isn't a bad as a defensive rnd either

/ How many carry extra magazine concealed carry. #20  
I looked at reports of shoot outs and alo took a three day course at Sig Sauer. First of all there is little hard data and police shoot outs may or may not be applicable. Many trainers have their own ideas and data to support those techniques.

From what I can tell it is extraordinarily unlikely that you would fire more than two to four rounds. Consider that "Each round you fire comes with a lawyer attached."

OTOH it is very likely that the incident occurs in low light conditions: Sig says 70-80% occur in "low light" conditions. Night sights or a light are thus much more likely to be useful than extra capacity.

It is considerably more likely you will be attacked by someone with fists, a club, or knife than a gun. In many instances (in the city, anyway) having something like pepper spray instantly available may be more practical than drawing a gun. Getting cover or an obstacle between us is my first instinct.

Everyone has their own perception and reaction to deal with. I tell everyone I talk to about CC that if you carry then be prepared to draw and empty the gun. If you are hesitant to do that, I'd rather you didn't carry. All you are going to do is "muddy the waters" in a shooting scenario. Hopefully I'll retrieve your weapon after you are disabled rather than the "Wolf" retrieving it. No offense intended.

Status
Not open for further replies.