How many carry extra magazine concealed carry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / How many carry extra magazine concealed carry. #31  
For those that say they don't carry an extra mag because they don't think they'll need to reload or use that many rounds consider carrying an extra for other reasons. Take into consideration that the magazine is typically the weakest link of any platform. If the floor plate gets knocked off/broken (hitting on the ground, cover, etc..) then all your rounds but the one in tube are squirting out on the ground. The second process for a hard malfunction includes stripping the mag from the gun. Mags are the primary fault for soft/ feed malfunctions. Stress of the situation causing the shooter to get a bad grip or simply hit the release on accident and dumping the mag. I agree, carrying an extra can be uncomfortable but having it could prove to be well worth it. Just food for thought and things to bounce around.
All good reasons why a revolver is better. Both of my home defense guns are revolvers. One is a S&W 44 magnum. The other is S&W governor.

/ How many carry extra magazine concealed carry. #32  
I carry a Sig P238. I do not carry a extra mag. I think that if I ever need to discharge the first mag.. I'm in some serious trouble.

/ How many carry extra magazine concealed carry. #33  
I don't carry an extra mag and I carry my gun daily. I can't think of scenario where I would need more rounds than my gun has. I am sure there is one but the odds are so low. I mean if you were a cop and had to try and apprehend someone that was shooting at you that could require a lot of ammo but for the average citizen i tend to think that once the shooting starts both the victim and the perpetrator are going to be trying to get the heck out of there. Bad guys are dumb but if someone randomly picked you to rob and you start shooting me thinks they are going to look for an easier target.

If you want to carry extra mags or even walk around in a bullet proof vest then more power to you but I feel safe with just my gun.

I wear my seatbelt when I drive my truck but I don't wear a helmet in my truck even though it would probably greatly help if I were to be in a wreck.

I guess it all boils down to what makes an individual feel comfortable and also the area you are in and what the risks are there.

/ How many carry extra magazine concealed carry. #34  
It depends.

If I'm open carrying my S&W 329PD in .44 mag, I carry one extra speed loader. If I'm CCing my Glock 23 or Sig 9mm, then I carry two extra mags (26 and 30 rounds respectively).

When I'm on my tractor, no extra mags for the AR-15 or the 10-22. If on my RTV, there's as extra mag for each under the seat.

/ How many carry extra magazine concealed carry. #35  
It depends.

If I'm open carrying my S&W 329PD in .44 mag, I carry one extra speed loader. If I'm CCing my Glock 23 or Sig 9mm, then I carry two extra mags (26 and 30 rounds respectively).

When I'm on my tractor, no extra mags for the AR-15 or the 10-22. If on my RTV, there's as extra mag for each under the seat.

/ How many carry extra magazine concealed carry. #36  
All good reasons why a revolver is better. Both of my home defense guns are revolvers. One is a S&W 44 magnum. The other is S&W governor.

I can't think of any LEO, that carries a revolver ,as a primary weapon ..I know some that carry a 5 shot 38 revolver as a back up..The military don't even use revolvers..

Carry what ever you wish,, but to make a statement that revolvers are better just isn't true

I don't think we'll ever see the day the US military pulls the M16 , or their service weapon (side arm) for a revolver

/ How many carry extra magazine concealed carry. #37  
I can't think of any LEO, that carries a revolver ,as a primary weapon ..I know some that carry a 5 shot 38 revolver as a back up..The military don't even use revolvers.. Carry what ever you wish,, but to make a statement that revolvers are better just isn't true I don't think we'll ever see the day the US military pulls the M16 , or their service weapon (side arm) for a revolver
Revolves are more fool proof. Less to go wrong, and the simplest to operate. An M16 isn't exactly a concealed carry weapon. A semi auto handgun holds more rounds than a revolver, but does nothing better.

/ How many carry extra magazine concealed carry. #38  
When I travel I always take an extra mag. I guess the crime around my place is low enough that I've never had the desire/need to carry at all. I would like to get more in the habit though. As to the question for this tread; I would not carry an extra magazine.

/ How many carry extra magazine concealed carry. #39  
Always thought one clip was enough until seeing what happened in France a week ago. I put an extra clip in my glove box after that but probably wouldn't carry it.

/ How many carry extra magazine concealed carry. #40  
Ruger P85
18 round mag plus 1 in the chamber. Always one extra mag. With my shoulder rig, I carry two.

I agree that if it ever comes to it, I would probably employ a 'fighting withdrawal'. But seeing that a lot of these shootings are with high power weapons that normally have high capacity magazines (think M4 with a 30 round mag), I don't want to put myself in a position of not being able to at least make the shooter think twice about making themselves a target while I'm backing away from the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.