How many fired off a round or more on New Years at the stroke of midnight?

/ How many fired off a round or more on New Years at the stroke of midnight? #21  
Why not just buy some firecrackers?:D

Or follow joe blow *****'s lead and just let off a couple 12Ga rounds...

/ How many fired off a round or more on New Years at the stroke of midnight? #22  
BXC15MR.gif

/ How many fired off a round or more on New Years at the stroke of midnight? #23  
What goes up must come down! What goes down sometimes comes back up! I would never fire a round without a target in mind. Rained two months ago. Water coming through ceiling! Climbed up to take a look! 30-06 bullet through the roof. Grrrrrrrrrh! Patched roof! Years ago a friend fired a round into the ground and struck water! Or at least a water line. His father was not very happy. I personally don't see the need to make noise on any holiday!
Fire cracker are just as noisy and wake up sleeping neighbors just as easily! My dogs go nut over gunfire or firecracker so I keep them in the house on July 4th, and New Years as a precaution. To each his own I guess!

/ How many fired off a round or more on New Years at the stroke of midnight? #24  
Bet you wont ask a question like this again lol

But yeah, im with you, I shot 10 rounds from my 18.25" barrel 12 gauge pump into my trash pile and enjoyed doing it and hearing all the shots and fireworks around me. Happy New Year.

/ How many fired off a round or more on New Years at the stroke of midnight? #25  
I went to bed at 8:00 PM.

/ How many fired off a round or more on New Years at the stroke of midnight? #26  
Air, ground, bucket of sand, makes no difference to me, I just don't do it which was your original question.

I'm just a pretty low key, boring kind of guy.

Them Missourians are like that.....

/ How many fired off a round or more on New Years at the stroke of midnight? #27  
I figured it was safe to post this in the rural living thread. :D Just curious if anyone has the same ritual as me?

No. I was not home. But I was awakened by the sound of gunfire on Jan. 1 at 9:00am. I looked out to see my drunken neighbor two doors down put four rounds though a possum, which bounced off her cement driveway and through her closed garage door and the poor possum got up and walked away! :mad: She threw her hands up in the air, gave the handgun a dirty look and walked inside. A few moments later, the direct next door neighbor came out and put it out of its misery. :(

I talked to him today. She blamed "old ammo". We blamed old Jack Daniels and painkillers. :rolleyes:

/ How many fired off a round or more on New Years at the stroke of midnight? #28  
Also, I know the O.P. meant "into a safe backstop".

However, we have a family friend that was shot as a child from well over a mile away (he lived), and, when I re-roofed our first house, I found bullet holes in the roof. And, I found a 9mm slug in our pool through the winter cover one year. So, yes, there are idiots out there. Firing firearms at night is not on my list of things to do. We do shoot off some fireworks if we have them, though. More fun to look at and louder, too! :thumbsup:

/ How many fired off a round or more on New Years at the stroke of midnight? #29  
Haven't heard from any of the archers yet.

???

:)

Bruce

/ How many fired off a round or more on New Years at the stroke of midnight? #30  
A few years ago, an Amish woman in her buggy was killed by a person "unloading" his blackpower rifle by firing it into the air. She was quite a distance away from the person, and it took a few days to figure out where the bullet came from. I believe it was somewhere around Fredericksburg, OH. Please "unload" by shooting into the ground.