how many gallons per tire

/ how many gallons per tire #21  
Yes, I thought it was simple. I went wrong by not jacking up tractor. I just shoved stand under it so tire was still contacting. Lazy or ignorance - I think some of both. But I'm getting smarter all the time. Thanks.

/ how many gallons per tire #22  
I have read (in "other" forums) you should ALWAYS use tubes if you're going to use tire ballast; any comments/pros/cons?
Bob

/ how many gallons per tire #23  
Bob, I think there's a lot of disagreement on whether tubes are necessary or not. Perhaps the idea that tubes should always be used is based on the fact that calcium, which was commonly used, is corrosive and the tube would make the metal wheel last longer. Otherwise, I can't see what difference it makes.

/ how many gallons per tire #24  
<font color=blue>… the fact that calcium, which was commonly used, is corrosive and the tube would make the metal wheel last longer…</font color=blue>

I have to agree… around here in the Northeast U.S… Calcium Chloride is the number one ballast… It’s been my experience within a few hundred mile radius, if you ask for “beet juice”, “windshield washer fluid” or any of the “newer” tire ballast ingredients… these old-time tire guys look at you as if you have 3-heads… /w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif

/ how many gallons per tire #25  
While we're on this topic - I read in another post about someone using "used" antifreeze. Sounds like a great idea to me. Tractor's about ready for new antifreeze anyway, then the truck, the car...

Any ideas out there about used antifreeze still having good "antifreeze" ability?

/ how many gallons per tire #26  
This works on everything from mobile home tires to heavy equipment. Give the tire a 1 second shot of starting fluid and light. be sure not to be where the air will whoose between the rim and tire. Do be careful, if you aren't sure of yourself, so not try.

/ how many gallons per tire #27  
The only bad point I've heard about using antifreeze is enviormental. IF you should puncture the tire the antifreeze WILL spray out! I found this out the hard way with an old 8N I had with calcium filled rears. I was snakin' logs and a branch, stone or something went through the sidewall. I just happened to be next to a large tree and the calcium came out, hit the tree and came back at me. That stuff burns! True story, no BS. Bob