How many hours a year do you put on your yanmar.

/ How many hours a year do you put on your yanmar.
yea, but heck you can run over that in 30 mins. And unless yalls hour meters are different than mine it only records 1hr at 2400rpm, and unless im bushhogging really thick or tall stuff i am never at 2400!!!

I could not imagine cultivating a garden at 2400rpm there is no need for it.

/ How many hours a year do you put on your yanmar. #12  
I have no idea how well or accurate my meter works just that it does move ahead slow but sure? The moral of that story is they probably have a heck of a lot more time on them that what the meter shows is what you are saying?

I lust looked on my oil filter and I only have just over 50 hrs since 11-11! I knew it was time just didn't know how many years its been :laughing: ! One reason is we have been in a bad drought for 3 years and no snow to speak of so tractor has sat more than usual. I usually get 4 hrs a month (seat time that is) just mowing the shop not counting the hired out jobs I occasionally get or my own garden time fwtw.

I know for a fact just thinking about it I put more seat time moving snow late this winter than I did mowing the last 2 years for sure. We are glad to finally have the moisture also. :thumbsup:

/ How many hours a year do you put on your yanmar. #13  
I am good for 5-8 hours a month,maybe a bit more in the summer,but 60 hrs is avg-change my oil once a year wether it needs it or not......

From CT

/ How many hours a year do you put on your yanmar. #14  
I put about 50hours a year on my ym2000. That's mostly cutting grass with some tilling and driveway maintenance thrown in to keep things interesting.

/ How many hours a year do you put on your yanmar. #15  
CarDoc is right 'cept dirty oil is worn out oil too - too much soot & the dispersant additive package can't hold anymore in suspension & the soot starts plating out on engine parts. Soot is very abrasive & soon will stare wearing camshafts & cylinder crosshatching. You can't tell by looking how black contaminated oil is. You need to follow the conservative oil change intervals of the manufacturer or resort to frequent used oil analysis to tell when you're getting close.

For low hour use applications like most of us, just change per the manual. It tain't worth the cost of used oil analysis labs for once a year changouts.

/ How many hours a year do you put on your yanmar. #16  
Thanks DeereMann I was more on the molecular level with that comment. ;)

/ How many hours a year do you put on your yanmar. #17  
I suspected I would get some comments on my many hours. I only have 2 1/2 acre here where I live split up with garden and grass. We have 65 wooded acres a few miles away that I keep trails mowed in and have gardened there. I do some mowing at our church, at neighbors, at my kids, always doing something for someone. I have been at four different locations this week. God has just blessed me with time and enough resources to be able to do this. I would much rather be riding my tractor than going on a cruise somewhere. Just me, I am not meaning to make myself look good, just explaining hours.

/ How many hours a year do you put on your yanmar. #18  
Lucky's about right. It's a fact for me. On Hrs. I'm at 489. I can remember it was in the low 200's when I bought it in 2/08 I went down for over a yr. so I can say easy 60's with the mower and BB. The Tiller took more time to attach it than use it for the Garden. But I expect my seat time will continue to go up with the NTM. BH. I've got plenty to do in the future with it. I change my Oil & Maint. at the first of the season when it's been sitting for the winter. That also makes easier to remember if I done it LoL.:confused2:

/ How many hours a year do you put on your yanmar. #19  
I put about 50 hrs on my Sc2450 this first year I have had it. Mowing, Backhoe and loader work. I will hopefully put more hours on it this year as my son bought some acreage a few hours away and we will be building his barn/shop and I will be digging the footer holes etc.

/ How many hours a year do you put on your yanmar. #20  
same here,about 50 a year with yearly oil changes.