How many hours do you have on your tractor

/ How many hours do you have on your tractor #11  
Also consider abuse factor.

Neglect is probably as much or more of an issue. Some people change the oil every 10 years or so whether it needs it or not...

No idea how many hours are on the old Ford. The meter died 20 years ago. I haven't looked at the Massey Ferguson lately. North of 4,000 would be my guess. Neither is in any need of major engine work.

/ How many hours do you have on your tractor #12  
Most problems on the acreage tractors probably occur in the first few minutes of running. People just having a little job to do, fire it up and work it cold. Really tough on diesel engines. Many short cycles like that are harder than lots of hrs of continual use.

/ How many hours do you have on your tractor
It really depends on the size of the machine, along with how it was used.
2000 hours on a subcompact tractor is very different than 2000 hours on a 65 hp utility tractor and that is way different than a 250 hp farm tractor.

A sub compact is usually a home owner type user. Most chores take less than an hour to complete. Figure 1-200 hours per year average. At 2000-3000 hours, the rest of the machine is usually pretty rough.

Utility sized tractors can be expected to run to at least 5000 hours. Those sized machines usually take on larger tasks like mowing for hours end. Figure 2-500 hours per year.

The large farm machines can be expected to run from 10000 to 20000 hours. Most machines this size are running 1000+ hours per year.

I had no idea, what can you suggest as a warm up period on a new tractor, Ive read what the manual states.....its tough not to get on it right away and go to work.

Im picking mine up tomm, Im gonna use it but I dont want to abuse it

/ How many hours do you have on your tractor #14  
I had no idea, what can you suggest as a warm up period on a new tractor, Ive read what the manual states.....its tough not to get on it right away and go to work.

Im picking mine up tomm, Im gonna use it but I dont want to abuse it

Warm up period? In Florida? I doubt I would worry about it.

/ How many hours do you have on your tractor #15  
I think I have 170 hrs on mine now. Had 3 hrs (I think) on it when I bought it new 2 years ago.

Yeah, it will out live me.

/ How many hours do you have on your tractor #16  
Depends a lot on climate. Here in Sask, Canada, temps of -30c are not uncommon. My new Massey 1742 cab tractor doesn't get put to work till I get warm air from the heat vents. Usually about ten to fifteen minutes. A couple of minutes after initial start, I bump the idle up a few hundred to aid in the warm up. In warmer climates I'd still warm it up for five minutes or so. Doubt there are many things that need doing on a moments notice. Of course there are always exceptions. I have a Scan Gauge in my current truck, gives temp by the numbers, truck doesn't move till it hits 125 f, then operate a tad slow till 150-160. The rise to normal is quick after that. Lots of info out there about warm up time, many say not needed, but they're not footing the bill when a cylinder gets scored, resulting in lost compression and oil consumption.

/ How many hours do you have on your tractor #17  
No. I'm saying not needed IN FLORIDA.

By the time the guy gets lined up to use his tractor on *stuff*, it will be warm enough to not harm anything. In FLORIDA.

And we too hit -40 F/C in winter. Mine is plugged in, block, oil pan and hydro sump heaters all running at least an hour (and preferably 2) before I start it. Then idle it for a couple of minutes, then turn the idle speed up to 1500 rpms to prevent the tractor from cooling off while idling. At this point, mine is usually warmed up all the way, and off I go.

But I'm not in FLORIDA.

/ How many hours do you have on your tractor #18  
5088 = 9800 hours and new engine required after 35 yrs
706 = 7300 hours and 52yrs original engine
560 = 5350 hours and 61 yrs original engine

all diesel internationals

/ How many hours do you have on your tractor #19  
My 2011 BX has 1500 hours on it. Still runs and works as good as when new. Have spent $0 on major repairs, most minor stuff I do my self. Age is showing in damages to plastic parts. It sets outside all the time so oxidation of paint is there. It will probably take $500 in misc small parts to correct appearance items and a couple electrical glitches that do not affect functionality.

Two years ago tried to sell it. Many inquires but as soon as they learned Hrs on it no one was interested any more no matter the price. I have a few more outside projects for it at our current place and then will not need it any more. Will probably have to virtually give it away. Seems the SCUT used market is centered on <500 HRs, based on comments I read here and elsewhere.

Ron

/ How many hours do you have on your tractor #20  
My Max26xl is 3 years old and it has just under 300 hours on it. I use it to mow about 3 acres each week in the summer, plow snow in winter, and whatever little project stuff comes up year round. Garage kept and its used but not abused, never loaned out, and well maintained. It should last me for many years at this rate.