How many times a day do you change the front attachment?

/ How many times a day do you change the front attachment? #11  
You can change the front attachment? Change to what? :rolleyes:

I take the bucket off once in a while when it would be in the way but I don't need to take the whole FEL off. Maybe a dozen times in 20+ years I've owned it.

/ How many times a day do you change the front attachment? #12  
Take bucket off and put forks on, or vise-versa:

0 to 2 times a day. But I'd estimate it's only a couple times a year that it is 2; and only about a 12 times a year is it 1.

Mean: 0.044 times a day
Median: Zero times a day.
Mode: : Zero times a day.

/ How many times a day do you change the front attachment? #13  
Never.. Only have FEL and see no reason to remove it.... Please excuse me for my smart *** comment for the day....

Dale

/ How many times a day do you change the front attachment? #14  
I switch to the pallet forks and my bucket regularly. Once in a while I’ll swap to the grapple. Then again to the hydraulic auger. Sure would be nice to have the hydraulic quick attach like offered on the Grand L or M62 loaders.

/ How many times a day do you change the front attachment? #15  
I have a hyd SS coupler on my Kubota Loader. It sure is nice, but is a moot point since many attachments need hydraulic and electrical connections as well. They do make a hydraulic self attaching block, but it is expensive and I would have to have it a while to see if it is reliable. I kind of doubt it.

/ How many times a day do you change the front attachment? #16  
I have a hyd SS coupler on my Kubota Loader. It sure is nice, but is a moot point since many attachments need hydraulic and electrical connections as well. They do make a hydraulic self attaching block, but it is expensive and I would have to have it a while to see if it is reliable. I kind of doubt it.

Which model Kubota do you have that on?

/ How many times a day do you change the front attachment? #17  
It's on the R510, but the coupler was Made by HORST. I wanted SS, but hummed and hawed about spending the extra money for hyd operation. Glad I did.

Even my forks are hydraulically adjustable which is really, really slick, except I often don't hook up the hoses so I don't have to get off the machine.

/ How many times a day do you change the front attachment? #18  
Wrote this a week or so ago on another site:

"So yesterday was an excellent example of what I've been recommending in these tractor threads here for years: Make sure your FEL is quick detachable and make sure all your 3ph implements are Quick Hitch compatible.

Yesterdays events:

- Tractor is configured with the bucket and rock rake in the morning; I was working my road the day before and planned to continue doing it yesterday. However, I ran into a neighbor and he offered me several very nice downed Hickory trees. Since I like to use Hickory for smoking, I took him up on it. Changed out the bucket for the grapple and changed out the rock rake for the box blade (BB is far heavier and is a better counterweight; also the BB has a hitch so I could tow my trailer up there and load it vs using the tractor to transport one log at a time).

- Got the Hickory logs unloaded at my Pole Barn; swapped out the grapple for the bucket again and swapped the BB for my EA ED 8' grader blade for road work.

- Got the road work done; swapped out the bucket for my forks and installed my work platform on it. Installed two 16,406 lumen High Bay lights in my shop. My tractor work platform allows me to safely work at heights of 8'-16' (my shop trusses are 14'). (Those lights are fantastic BTW! , see link below).

- Got done with the lights; swapped out my forks for the bucket so I can work on my road again today.

So here's what the FEL looked like for the day: Bucket >> Grapple >> Bucket >> Forks >> Bucket

3ph implements looked like this: Rock Rake >> Box Blade >> 8' Grader Blade

With a pinned FEL, anything not using a bucket would have been virtually impossible. For the 3ph implements, I didn't have to move and wrestle +1,000 lb implements trying to line up the pins or attaching upper links. Other than driving and getting out to work the latches, both operations were simple, easy and especially important: Fast.

Hence the two most important colors for a tractor are:

- FEL is Quick Detachable
- 3PH implements are Quick Hitch compatible"

High Bay Light: LED Linear High Bay - Rebate Qualified High Bays – Green Light Depot

/ How many times a day do you change the front attachment? #19  
Seasonal changes for me. Grapple during the summer, bucket during the winter. Forks, once in a blue moon.

/ How many times a day do you change the front attachment? #20  
I switch to the pallet forks and my bucket regularly. Once in a while I’ll swap to the grapple. Then again to the hydraulic auger. Sure would be nice to have the hydraulic quick attach like offered on the Grand L or M62 loaders.
https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/customization/321704-linear-actuator-power-ssqa.html my linear actuator power build for $250ish.

I have a 3rd function on my newer L4060. Going to use hydraulics & a manual diverter. My bucket & forks dont need hydraulics, but I can hit the diverter after hooking or unhooking hoses for the SSQA plow or PHD.