How much tiller will 2310 handle?

/ How much tiller will 2310 handle? #61  
OK. Thanks. Guess I thought by the time they got here they would have been run in wet rice paddy conditions for 20 years. Didn't realize they were so bullet-proof. However I do understand the focus related to the "Yanmar Classics" group so that makes sense.

Thanks.
Often time they were run for 30 years before they got here. Often times with gear boxes half filled with water from a leaky seal. They still work fine. Some of the worse cases need a commonly available off the shelf bearing and a new seal . Proof of the durability despite some abuse in a past life.

/ How much tiller will 2310 handle?
Should you get one, give me a jingle. I have about 40 or more of the tiller manuals in PDF for FREE. :)

Using Yandex OCR (on-line) doing image to text makes reading the manuals very EZ in English.

Just keep looking. If you joined the Yanmar Tractor Owners Group, we have a bunch in the community scouting areas for Yanmar equipment for the YM, F, FX, KE machines. It just helps your odds on getting one sooner
I spent the whole day today buying and picking up a Yanmar tiller. I have a drive 450 miles round trip and wait hours in the ferry line but I bought a 5 foot wide reconditioned tiller fresh from Viet Nam. I don't know which model tiller but will be posting pictures tomorrow. I would love to download a manual. The tiller is obviously missing some parts but all the important stuff is there.
Eric

He has listed Yanmar Tillers several times so hopefully not a fly by night.

If your in my area stop in.
Hey-I bought that tiller. They were selling fast so I was lucky to get a 5 footer. I still need to learn about this specific tiller because it is missing parts. I do not think the missing parts will have any effect on what I am doing, just regular tilling for putting in a lawn and a garden and similar things. Not rice paddies or anything like that. But I do want to know everything I can about this tiller.
Thanks again for the notice,
Eric

/ How much tiller will 2310 handle? #64  
Hey-I bought that tiller. They were selling fast so I was lucky to get a 5 footer. I still need to learn about this specific tiller because it is missing parts. I do not think the missing parts will have any effect on what I am doing, just regular tilling for putting in a lawn and a garden and similar things. Not rice paddies or anything like that. But I do want to know everything I can about this tiller.
Eric
Will be up in your area next summer.

Glad it all worked out.

/ How much tiller will 2310 handle? #65  
Eric

Eric,

What model number of tiller did you get?

Will be up in your area next summer.

Glad it all worked out.
You could stop by. We roast a pig every summer, the first Saturday in August.
I just got the tiller hooked up to the lower arms but now I need a shorter top link. Mine is about 14 inches eye to eye but I need one about 4 inches less. It looks like if the ROPS wasn't in place my top link would work. But the ROPS bolts into and covers the original top link holes. The ROPS has top link holes that are about 4 inches farther out from the original holes. Looking online I haven't yet found a top link short enough. But I haven't looked that much yet. If I have to I'll cut mine shorter and weld it back together.
Speaking of cutting things shorter, I will need to shorten the drive shaft too. Even though quite short it needs to be shorter. I was told that the drive shaft should be removable with the implement in place.
Eric
Eric,

What model number of tiller did you get?
I don't know which model, the guy selling it was no help, and there is nothing on the tiller itself that identifies it. I thought that since it was an old Yamar tiller, and my tractor is an old Yanmar tractor, it would hook up and work right off the bat. Even though I'm wrong about that I'm sure I can make it work. I have looked online trying to identify the model without any luck so far. Any help in that regard will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Eric

/ How much tiller will 2310 handle? #67  
A quick hitch between the tractor and implement will usually solve that too-close situation. But if your later tiller is like my RS1400, its three-point pins are too shrouded to reach with the QH's lower hooks.

/ How much tiller will 2310 handle? #68  
RS-1400 5'. Here's the top link which there's not much to it. Used with a YM2000. I gave this pic. to another member Yrs. ago and never heard anything since. Not much to it. You can ghetto rig it but this is how Yanmar set it up. The Tiller will move out away from the wheels when lifting it and then forwards keeping it close to the Wheels when in use. I do have A PTO. Dr. shaft I had to shorten until Fredricks sent the correct one. Works fine just needs new bearings Which NAPA auto should have them I'm sure. I don't have anything in the shaft and still in my parts box. Welcome to it. Last Tiller they had so Spalding recomended I needed to go get it. A few other things so it was well worth the Drive. Easy to get to from my place in Ga..

Attachments

• Picture 058.jpg
    Picture 058.jpg
    967.8 KB · Views: 245
  • Picture 059.jpg
    Picture 059.jpg
    832.4 KB · Views: 117
  • 002 (2).jpg
    002 (2).jpg
    689.1 KB · Views: 164
  • Picture 064.jpg
    Picture 064.jpg
    581.2 KB · Views: 100

/ How much tiller will 2310 handle? #69  
I don't know which model, the guy selling it was no help, and there is nothing on the tiller itself that identifies it. I thought that since it was an old Yamar tiller, and my tractor is an old Yanmar tractor, it would hook up and work right off the bat. Even though I'm wrong about that I'm sure I can make it work. I have looked online trying to identify the model without any luck so far. Any help in that regard will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Eric

Oh, you'll spend hours of you life trying to find what tiller model it really is. ;)

From what I understand, the first 2 or 3 alpha digits are the tiller model family.
Next typically is a 3 or 4 digit numeric. And finally, on 'some' units, there is a final alpha character.

Like the YM series models, the 3 digit numeric were mainly for export and the 4 digit numerics were Asian use only. However, that changed years later.

Now, the 4 digit numeric ending in -00 as in 1400, were the base model. Other models also ended in -01, -02, -03, -04, -05. This from my understanding dealt with how the base model tiller interfaced the 3PT or a 2PT attachment to the tractor. As Caryo63 showed the short shaft, that would fall under one of the last 2 digits of the numeric.

With all that stated, you can now understand that the combinations can run into several dozen unique tillers just for 1 model type. It's exhausting to pick thru when looking at all the Tiller Parts Manuals, yet alone internet image searches. :rolleyes:

What you can do, possibly create a new thread titled, Help identify this Yanmar tiller. Post as many pixs as you can. Describe what pieces 'could' be missing. From there the the small community here an help you and also post on the Yanmar Tractor Owners Group with a much larger Yanmar vintage community. You would be tapping into members of both sides with Yanmar tillers already to note the tiller features and hone in to the exact model. Other than owners of these tillers, Tractor Ernie is the only other possible solution.

/ How much tiller will 2310 handle? #70  
Again, your YM2310 allows these 2 tillers as 100% compatible for the tractor hook ups.

Right from the YM2310 manual on page-5.

1st line, models that fit to the YM2310

2nd line, 3PT hookup to the machine

4th line,
1300mm = (1300/25.4)/12 = 4.25FT wide tiller
1500mm = (1500/25.4)/12 = 5FT wide tiller

The 9th line and down are the tiller PTO speeds. Notice nothing is at 540rpms. Yet, people getting them over here run them like that ! :unsure:

So, each crop use, the tine arrangement and the soil are charted for the proper PTO speed. I've translated a few of these into Polish and Russian because 90% of these tiller end up over there. We've had some great discussions just about that section alone. A tiller that would seem simple is really sophisticated.
1635092656151.png

Starting on page-90 is the entire manual for the RC1704 tiller. So, if you downloaded the YM2310 manual, you got these 2 tillers to compare to your actual one. ;)

Last edited: