How not to shoot a gun...Or you can't fix Stupid

/ How not to shoot a gun...Or you can't fix Stupid #51  
As Jeff Cooper said "Owning a gun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician."

/ How not to shoot a gun...Or you can't fix Stupid #52  
Why do morons think it is funny to hand a novice a firearm that they cannot properly control? And then these same morons laugh about it. They are the ones that should have their azzes kicked. It is no laughing matter to hand someone something that will likely injure them because they are just not physically able to control it or do not have proper training to do so.

I spent a lot of my life teaching women how to defend themselves with firearms and I do not like to see women or anyone else abused by someone with a room temperature IQ. Perhaps in some of those clips the "person in charge" might have just have not known any better, but I am sure some of them were "setups" just for a laugh.

Of course some of the clips showed morons shooting themselves. What can you say about that? as Forrest Gump would say "stupid is as stupid does"?

Some of those folks will never pick up a firearm ever again, and be deprived of the joy of learning how to shoot and defend ones self. And that is the real tragedy here.
Anyway, enough of my ranting, and I know these sort of things happen every day, but they are not going to happen anywhere near me.

Good post!, like with drugs -there is a thinning process.

/ How not to shoot a gun...Or you can't fix Stupid #53  
I have seen young folks and women hurt by guns too big at shooting ranges. Guns too much for them to start out with. Lips and foreheads split. Or they got scared. After leaving the range I always wondered if more harm than good was done with their first experience with guns. I will never know because I would never expose anyone to guns the first time this way. It's just a genuine fail.

/ How not to shoot a gun...Or you can't fix Stupid #54  
^^ This! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

/ How not to shoot a gun...Or you can't fix Stupid #55  
Interesting thread, so far...

/ How not to shoot a gun...Or you can't fix Stupid #56  
No you can't fix stupid...

daily_gifdump_643_04.gif

$10 bucks some dumb a** males put them up to it.

/ How not to shoot a gun...Or you can't fix Stupid
My friend is a gunsmith and he said the number of folks being injured by gripping Pistols with 2 hands and one being behind the slide is growing...folks don't realize the slide comes back and their hand will be sliced...further , he said with revolvers , if the cylinders are not properly aligned the lead fragments come back and take off their thumb when fired with 2 hands...Both in the Army, MP School with a 45 semi auto ..we were trained to shoot with only our strong hand ...same with the civilian police departments...back in the 60's ...Now everyone wants to copy the TV shows and use 2 hands or folks have gotten weaker..????? just my 2 cents as usual...

/ How not to shoot a gun...Or you can't fix Stupid #59  
My friend is a gunsmith and he said the number of folks being injured by gripping Pistols with 2 hands and one being behind the slide is growing...folks don't realize the slide comes back and their hand will be sliced...further , he said with revolvers , if the cylinders are not properly aligned the lead fragments come back and take off their thumb when fired with 2 hands...Both in the Army, MP School with a 45 semi auto ..we were trained to shoot with only our strong hand ...same with the civilian police departments...back in the 60's ...Now everyone wants to copy the TV shows and use 2 hands or folks have gotten weaker..????? just my 2 cents as usual...

Well Bob I highly recommend shooting any pistol or revolver with 2 hands if you can. Two hand shooting is just about twice as good as one hand shooting.If you don't believe it look at videos of any pistol or revolver competitor. BUT you do need keep all your parts and pieces out of the path of the slide travel on a semi-auto pistol and away from the cylinder gap of any revolver.

You don't need a revolver with bad alignment to cause damage to your digits if placed by the cylinder gap. The hot high pressure gasses alone can do serious damage to your digits no lead shavings needed. But of course lead shavings would just add to the damage.

We practiced to shoot with one hand many times in competition, as there are scenario's calling for both strong hand and weak hand shooting. There may be times you are wounded for instance in a real gunfight and one side or the other put out of action.

You should practice both strong hand and weak hand shooting, but I am here to tell you, strong hand shooting sucks compared to proper two hands stances. And weak hand shooting REALLY REALLY sucks. compared to strong hand shooting.:laughing: Of course the more you practice of each the better you will do.

/ How not to shoot a gun...Or you can't fix Stupid #60  
083112 009.jpg083112 008.jpg083112 001.jpg

This is my .45 and these photo's represent a proper grip of a semi-auto pistol