How NOT to use a Root Grapple!!

/ How NOT to use a Root Grapple!!
I thought he was going over a couple of times, but that grapple was holding fast!
Thomas
With a heavier grapple, the moves wouldn't have looked nearly as graceful. The amount of logs/brush that the little 22hp Bobcat tractor moved is pretty impressive, considering the rated lift capacity is only 645 pounds.

/ How NOT to use a Root Grapple!! #12  
So whats the plans for the tree??

I hope you werent just planning a trim? And were planning on cutting the whole thing down. Cause you did some serious damage tearing limbs off instead of cutting them...

Oh, and you can borrow my tractor anytime..as long as it comes back with a grapple on it:laughing: I dont think I would call that being rough on the tractor. Maybe the grapple??

/ How NOT to use a Root Grapple!! #13  
That was funny. But obviously Ted needs a bigger tractor and a stronger tree for serious testing ;-)

(Just kidding!)

No, he can't borrow my tractor!

/ How NOT to use a Root Grapple!! #14  
Ted's of this world are important. They keep equipment manufactures, dealership, paramedics, nurses, physicians, physiotherapy staff and insurance companies in business.,

/ How NOT to use a Root Grapple!! #15  
I believe that's testing a grapple to destruction and doing everything to fool proof it before marketing it.
And let's face it. There are fools out there who will do everything Ted's doing.

/ How NOT to use a Root Grapple!! #16  
I believe that's testing a grapple to destruction and doing everything to fool proof it before marketing it.
And let's face it. There are fools out there who will do everything Ted's doing.

Ahem...

/ How NOT to use a Root Grapple!! #17  
I would never treat equipment like that. OTOH, I broke a 30" mini-excavator bucket last week :( Earlier this year I twisted the cross bar on my front end loader :( (The utility ROW clearance guys left too big of a log for me!)

But it's good that EA tests their products this way. I just don't want to buy a "slightly used, only on Sundays" tractor from them LOL.

/ How NOT to use a Root Grapple!! #18  
Earlier this year I twisted the cross bar on my front end loader :( (The utility ROW clearance guys left too big of a log for me!)

But it's good that EA tests their products this way. I just don't want to buy a "slightly used, only on Sundays" tractor from them LOL.

We just did that last week. I would have thought you would have had trouble lifting before you could twist the metal. We were thinking that maybe one of the levers to lock the grapple on got pushed up by a branch so it was using only one side and torqued the cross beam?

/ How NOT to use a Root Grapple!! #19  
Tips for Ted. :)

When compacting the brush in a trailer or on a pile, dump the load, then push it down with the empty grapple. In the video, he was pushing it down, then picking it up when trying to slide the grapple out from the brush.

Park the trailer where when loading, the tractor will be level, or rear axle lower than the front. That will make the grapple higher than it was in the video, with the rear axle higher than the front.

Put a spinner on the steering wheel. :D
Steering Wheel Spinner 8 Ball.jpg

/ How NOT to use a Root Grapple!! #20  
It was all for testing but, hey! Forget the chainsaw...got the fiberglass top to... looks like Ted could have a small amount of redneck in him. He owns the company, just grow beards and the family could have their own TV show.:laughing:

I almost forgot he does have his own YouTube channel.:cool: