How NOT to use a Root Grapple!!

/ How NOT to use a Root Grapple!! #31  
As a Certified Arborist: "This is NOT the way to prune a tree!" but it looks like the grapple did very well.

I Stand Alone

/ How NOT to use a Root Grapple!!
As a Certified Arborist: "This is NOT the way to prune a tree!" but it looks like the grapple did very well.

I Stand Alone

He wasn't just pruning the trees, he was taking them down. That was a test to see what it would do to the lid by pulling down with it.
Travis

/ How NOT to use a Root Grapple!! #33  
I asked Ted and he isn't going to make this one any heavier. He said that the cylinder mounts are gusseted and chances are it'll be fine for you. He said if something were to happen with regards to material or workmanship, he'll warranty it, but not if it's bent because of misuse.

johnnyvol just received his single lid grapple that he'll use on his L4060 cab tractor. He is going to post pics and feedback soon. Hopefully that'll help with your decision.
Travis

Thanks Travis.. U guys are back in the running!

/ How NOT to use a Root Grapple!! #34  
Last edited:
   / How NOT to use a Root Grapple!! #35  
I went ahead and ordered one, but my tractor is not quite as big or as heavy or. as much horsepower. But I bet you would be fine as long as you don't just go crazy hanging from trees by the top lid and stuff like that.:) I am really looking forward to getting and trying out the thing.

James K0UA

/ How NOT to use a Root Grapple!! #36  
Shoot...I've done all that stuff and more with my grapple and no problems at all. I saw the video and assumed it was done tongue-in-cheek because that's about standard operating procedure for me with regard to what I do with my grapple..

/ How NOT to use a Root Grapple!! #37  
Been doing trees & brush (prickly ash) like that for 30 years with just a plain bucket, no grapple! First it was with my 1210 Ford with non-loaded turf tires & now with my DK35SE HST with loaded but useless industrial tires. I have to say I think so far my old Ford 1210 was a much tougher tractor and withstood the abuse better. I also think the non-loaded turf tires gave better traction on wet grassy hills and snow than my loaded industrials on the DK35. I would prefer ag tires as I grew up on a farm and loaded ag tires are hard to beat. On the farm we used Canadian logging chains on our D-17 Allis, great traction but a little rough on the roads. The only way to plow wet clay side hills, just keep your foot on the clutch as the front end came up quickly when it bit in good.