HOW TO: Adjust the Pressure Relief Valve (PRV) on the MF GC 1705/10/15/20

/ HOW TO: Adjust the Pressure Relief Valve (PRV) on the MF GC 1705/10/15/20 #91  
thanks will take close look when I pull bucket again. got to buy gauge and stuff first anyway.

/ HOW TO: Adjust the Pressure Relief Valve (PRV) on the MF GC 1705/10/15/20 #92  
jist got got a 2010 GC2400 with DL100 (255 hours on it) that seems a bit low on lift power. granted I am more used to a 2017 GC1710 DL95 but this DL100 struggles more than what the spec differences themselves cause. I am having breakout issues with 250lbs (3/4 bucket) of loam.
system operates smoothly no odd noises/etc just little less force than should be.

am unable to find out pressure specs for the GC2400 / DL100 combo and on kenny site am unable to tell for sure what the fitting would be.
any advice appreciated

Dmacleo, welcome to TBN and congrats on your tractor.

Here are the 3 pages of "Specifications" from my 2009 MF GC2410 Owners Manual that may help you.

KC

MF DL100 P. 41.jpg MF DL100 P. 42.jpg MF DL100 P.43.jpg

/ HOW TO: Adjust the Pressure Relief Valve (PRV) on the MF GC 1705/10/15/20 #93  
LOL I had forgotten to look at my owners manual for pressure spec, for some reason thought that would have been in a service manual.
yup 1910 is what I need to shoot for.

got to pull lines measure to see exactly what the fitting is

/ HOW TO: Adjust the Pressure Relief Valve (PRV) on the MF GC 1705/10/15/20 #94  
LOL I had forgotten to look at my owners manual for pressure spec, for some reason thought that would have been in a service manual.
yup 1910 is what I need to shoot for.

got to pull lines measure to see exactly what the fitting is

Oh, just thought you might be missing the tractor manuals (common from used purchases).

Just look at my #84 post in this thread for the couplings sizes.

KC

/ HOW TO: Adjust the Pressure Relief Valve (PRV) on the MF GC 1705/10/15/20 #95  
Oh, just thought you might be missing the tractor manuals (common from used purchases).

Just look at my #84 post in this thread for the couplings sizes.

KC

was just reading that

On my GC2410, which has the FEL- Model DL100, here are the couplers that I had researched years ago and purchased:

All are Safeway; S40 Series, 1/4" Body, 3000# @ 3 GPM

S40-2 is a "complete coupler" (female & male)

S45-2 is a "female half"

S41-2 is a "male half"
so for gauge kit I am thinking of grabbing (looking at multi gage kit in case I need to work on our bobcat AND I know I need 5k gauge for boss plows...dealer testing plow pumps gets costly with multiple blades) I would need the S41-2 male end to plug into the FEL ports on footrest area.

edit: where did you buy the safeway fittings?

/ HOW TO: Adjust the Pressure Relief Valve (PRV) on the MF GC 1705/10/15/20 #96  
I would get a 5K gauge and about a 3 ft 1/4 line and a "proper" quick connect to fit each tractor and just change out quick connect for proper one for working on which tractor connector is appropriate.... Only takes minute or two to change connector on end of gauge line...

Sort of planning this type of setup so I can use gauge on my tractor and log splitter, planning on adding "street tee" on splitter and putting plug in gauge port when not in use...

Dale

Last edited:
   / HOW TO: Adjust the Pressure Relief Valve (PRV) on the MF GC 1705/10/15/20 #97  
I purchased my Safeway couplers years ago from Roberts Machine & Supply Co. in NC either over the phone or online, can't remember.

KC

/ HOW TO: Adjust the Pressure Relief Valve (PRV) on the MF GC 1705/10/15/20 #98  
I would get a 5K gauge and about a 3 ft 1/4 line and a "proper" quick connect to fit each tractor and just change out quick connect for proper one for working on which tractor connector is appropriate.... Only takes minute or two to change connector on end of gauge line...

Sort of planning this type of setup so I can use gauge on my tractor and log splitter, planning on adding "street tee" on splitter and putting plug in gauge port when not in use...

Dale

got some preplanning to do beforehand, depending on some factors may need to keep one gauge in spot, another in different location, possibly a third here at home. the 3 gauge sets on amazon for 75$ or so should work for me. just a matter of finding place that sells the fitting.

/ HOW TO: Adjust the Pressure Relief Valve (PRV) on the MF GC 1705/10/15/20 #99  
I purchased my Safeway couplers years ago from Roberts Machine & Supply Co. in NC either over the phone or online, can't remember.

KC

ok thanks will look around more. did quick look yesterday but everything I saw had minimum order amounts issues.

/ HOW TO: Adjust the Pressure Relief Valve (PRV) on the MF GC 1705/10/15/20 #100  
got some preplanning to do beforehand, depending on some factors may need to keep one gauge in spot, another in different location, possibly a third here at home. the 3 gauge sets on amazon for 75$ or so should work for me. just a matter of finding place that sells the fitting.

Three gauges for $75 is to much....

Try here....

Hydraulics | www.surpluscenter.com

Dale