HOW TO GET A KUBOTA MX5100 HST 4WD OPERATING MANUAL BEFORE BUYING?

/ HOW TO GET A KUBOTA MX5100 HST 4WD OPERATING MANUAL BEFORE BUYING?
NEW KUBOTA MX5100 26th July 2012 001.jpgNEW KUBOTA MX5100 26th July 2012 002.jpgNEW KUBOTA MX5100 26th July 2012 003.jpg

Do you believe me now? lol

I've never driven a Tractor...only a TORO Ride On mower....and im loving it already even though ive made a mess in our wet soils...its been raining on and on for ages...never been so wet and its slowing both my learning curve and my works on the property..and i need that Operation Manual..**** it...lol

/ HOW TO GET A KUBOTA MX5100 HST 4WD OPERATING MANUAL BEFORE BUYING? #14  
I've never driven a Tractor...only a TORO Ride On mower....and im loving it already even though ive made a mess in our wet soils...its been raining on and on for ages...never been so wet and its slowing both my learning curve and my works on the property..and i need that Operation Manual..**** it...lol

Since you don't have manual, are there any specific questions we could help answer? I am pretty familiar with Kubotas. Perhaps we could help? Nice looking rig by the way:thumbsup:

James K0UA

And I need to thank all you loverly helpful TBN contributors and TBN for being on the net to help us under educated wanabe farmers over the last several months for all your opinions and advice which I had no other way of getting even from my dealer. He so used to selling them to experienced farmers he not got the patience in answering many of all my questions, so I even rang up Kubota Australia for their technical advice...all helped to crystalise my selection of the MX5100 HST 4 WD 4/1 FEL etc KANGA SLASHER, and KANGA REAR PALLET FORK. So thanks once again...im still dumb and need to learn where everything is...lol

Yeah thanks kOua, im a bit embarrassed to ask this question TRACTOR OPERATION 001.jpgbut it will save my life.... but where is the parking brake the warnings on machine state to use the 'parking brake' when getting off...ill put a pic in of where i think it might be a little lever on left bottom of seat? left of when sitting in seat...

Last edited:
It was fun trying to learn how to use the FEL, picking up some clay i wanted to move was a messy task, soft in winter,...hard as rock in summer...lucky i dont have lots of it ...was introduce into garden experiment....clay has lots of minerals but no one worked out how to untrap them yet. there are 1000's of clay use patents in USA...im still looking to find who wins gold with clay..lol

/ HOW TO GET A KUBOTA MX5100 HST 4WD OPERATING MANUAL BEFORE BUYING? #18  
Yeah thanks kOua, im a bit embarrassed to ask this question View attachment 275074but it will save my life.... but where is the parking brake the warnings on machine state to use the 'parking brake' when getting off...ill put a pic in of where i think it might be a little lever on left bottom of seat?

The parking brake actuator is not shown in this picture.. turn the camera the other way. and not a small lever under the steering column. If it is build like my L3400HST was. and I think it will be.. here is what you do.. make sure that both brake pedals are pinned together, with the bar that pins them together horizontal. Then stomp the brake pedals as hard as you can with your foot while flipping this little lever under the steering column forward then hold it with your hand, while letting your foot off of the brake pedals. then remove your hand from the lever.. The brake pedals should stay locked down. To release the brake pedals just stomp them very hard and release them. and they should come back up, the little lever will flip backwards by itself under spring pressure. savvy?

James K0UA

/ HOW TO GET A KUBOTA MX5100 HST 4WD OPERATING MANUAL BEFORE BUYING? #19  
Yeah thanks kOua, im a bit embarrassed to ask this question View attachment 275074but it will save my life.... but where is the parking brake the warnings on machine state to use the 'parking brake' when getting off...ill put a pic in of where i think it might be a little lever on left bottom of seat? left of when sitting in seat...

Now as for the little lever on the left bottom of the seat with the down arrow.. that is the differential lock. Here is how and why you use it. When you are stuck in the mud and one rear wheel and one front wheel are turning (assuming you are in 4wheel drive) you can stop the turning, of the wheels by centering the hydrostat pedal, and then with your left heel, start applying downward pressure on the little L shaped lever , then apply a little forward or reverse hydrostat pedal to start the tires (tyres) to to moving again, keep applying pressure until you feel the differential lock to "kick in" or fall into a detented position. you can hold down the differential lock with your left heel, and hopefully now both rear tires will begin to rotate simultaneously and pull you out of the hole you are stuck in, still only one of the front tires will spin, or maybe both, depending on their traction equalities. You have no control over them, this applies only to the rear tires/wheels. Now when you come up out of the stuck hole you were in, let off of the differential lock lever with you left heel, and continue to move, you should hear and feel the differential lock become disengaged by itself. by a loud click sound. sometimes you have to turn a little bit so that one tire is traveling a bit more than the other for the disengagement to occur. I guess you have figured out the 4 wheel drive lever on the left that couples and uncouples the front drive shaft to apply power to the front differential/wheels/tires. and the knob under the seat is the 3 point drop rate valve. it's purpose is to control how fast the 3 point hitch an implement on the rear drops when you lower the 3pt lever on your right side by the seat.. depending on the weight of the implement, it will come crashing to the ground if the knob is adjusted too much counterclockwise (anti clockwise?) and will drop too slowly or not at all if adjusted too much clockwise. If you accidentally move the knob too much clockwise by your foot, the implement will not drop at all. It will only go up, and never come down.. Happens all the time. anything else?

James K0UA

thanks k0ua it makes so much sense now when i think about it lol very embarrassed i knew it was a brake but got confused so what is that knob for anyway..lol ....those two peddles stay together with that yellow flip thing but when do u take it off?