Buying Advice How to negotiate

/ How to negotiate #1  

TomIre

Gold Member
Tractor
Branson 3725
Buying my first new tractor from a dealer. Any advice on negotiating? When I buy a car\truck I price shop the heck out of it with multiple dealers. Harder to do with tractor dealers being fewer.
Dealer offered some discount (written offer) on my first trip to the shop. But, I'm sure there's still near on the bone!
Any tips / advice appreciated.

/ How to negotiate #2  
Have them throw in extras like a complete set of filters and first 50 hour service. I would also suggest electronic copies of the shop service manuals. Add all your implements now with the tractor purchase. Pay cash.

Dealers get to sit on equipment for a year before they have to make payments.

/ How to negotiate
I like the service one. Doesn't really cost them much and the service manager was begging for my business when I stopped in. Will be paying cash.
How much less do you think I could get them off the quote? Was thinking start at 20% (won't hurt to try!) and be looking for 10%.
I'm also guessing implements have higher margins but only a guess.

/ How to negotiate #4  
:welcome:
To the TBN forum Tomire. You came to the right place to get answers.

Did you let them know that you were paying with cash? Some dealers will drop a few more dollars for cash.

/ How to negotiate #5  
Fifty five years of owning and buying cars and only once did we negotiate with the sales person. My wife did the negotiation and I became so embarrassed that I walked out on the sales lot and let her handle the situation. She used every trick in the book and I think it saved us around $3K.

I hate shopping for a new car even more than fighting the crowds when shopping at Costco.

/ How to negotiate #6  
I shopped in several states and can honestly say they were all about the price. It wasn’t worth my time to go round and round. Delivery is one area that fluctuates. But the biggest savings was in not paying sales tax......find a states that doesn’t charge tax and or take delivery from another state.

Implements are all over the map because implements are all over the map. “Negotiate” enough and you’ll end up with some thin bolt together crap.

/ How to negotiate #7  
Fifty five years of owning and buying cars and only once did we negotiate with the sales person. My wife did the negotiation and I became so embarrassed that I walked out on the sales lot and let her handle the situation. She used every trick in the book and I think it saved us around $3K.

I hate shopping for a new car even more than fighting the crowds when shopping at Costco.

Don't feel to bad. I'm not a big fan of haggling either. I'll make a fair and decent offer and they can either accept it or not.

/ How to negotiate #8  
I bought a 4550 Mahindra and had them throw in a block heater and fill the back tires with Rimguard. About a hundred hours on it now with no problems.

/ How to negotiate #9  
Don't feel to bad. I'm not a big fan of haggling either. I'll make a fair and decent offer and they can either accept it or not.

That's the way to do it,They try and be your friend and feed you bs , I go in knowing what I want and how much I'm paying make the offer and then just walk away . I'm going car shopping Saturday. I already know the price I want to pay:)

/ How to negotiate #10  
That's the way to do it,They try and be your friend and feed you bs , I go in knowing what I want and how much I'm paying make the offer and then just walk away . I'm going car shopping Saturday. I already know the price I want to pay:)

Good luck on the car purchase. I don't take advantage of people and don't like being taken advantage of. At this stage in life, I can walk away if need be and not feel bad.