Buying Advice How to negotiate

/ How to negotiate #11  
Last time I negotiated with a dealer was on my current truck, my selling point was 'But just think, I'm switching from a lifetime of your closest competitor to now come to you for this truck. You've got me in the door how are you going to make me a buying customer?'

^^^^ For reference my dad had been a salesman at a competing Ford Dealer forever, I had bought every truck I've had there, dad retired and I'm a free market buyer....'

Needless to say the new to me Ford dealer was very happy to poach me from the other.

/ How to negotiate #12  
Fifty five years of owning and buying cars and only once did we negotiate with the sales person. My wife did the negotiation and I became so embarrassed that I walked out on the sales lot and let her handle the situation. She used every trick in the book and I think it saved us around $3K.

I hate shopping for a new car even more than fighting the crowds when shopping at Costco.

I enjoy dealing with car salesmen (especially the pushy ones). It is a game for me.
That said, I have not bought a new car in many years, but I will certainly negotiate on used cars as well.
There is no car/vehicle that I ever absolutely need. If the price is not right, I just move on to the next prospective deal.
I have spent a good deal of time outside the US, in countries where hard bargaining for most everything is the norm.

/ How to negotiate #13  
Here are the seven golden words, "Is that the best you can do?"

/ How to negotiate
Somehow got onto cars! To me, car/trucks are much more of a commodity. My advice there is go to any dealer, find the vehicle outfitted the way you want. Get an offer with those specs. Email specs to every dealer in the area (I did about 20). I clearly said, don't call, email me with your best out the door price for vehicle with those exact specs. You'll be surprised at the wide variety of quotes!
Back to my tractor. Local dealer quoted $24,495 on my first visit. One random web quote (all Mahindra dealers seem to use the same web design) came in at $22,500. Obviously there is some room to work with the local dealer.

/ How to negotiate #15  
Sad to admit but I've been known to have a very short fuse with lying, cheating salesmen. I think I've matured enough to not let them get my goat now but really not anxious to see. Nothing I need right now or in the foreseeable future. Life is Good!

/ How to negotiate #16  
Sad to admit but I've been known to have a very short fuse with lying, cheating salesmen. I think I've matured enough to not let them get my goat now but really not anxious to see. Nothing I need right now or in the foreseeable future. Life is Good!

Its already burning before you even walk in ...:fire:

/ How to negotiate #17  
I have no sympathy for car salesmen after I saw someone at a neighborhood Christmas party giggling with glee over how he 'Got him good!' selling a new upscale Ford. Snakes, deal with them with the appropriate degree of respect.

But I may have overdone it when I bought my Subaru Outback in 1999. Went in Monday with the check and was told my salesman, who had seemed desperate to make the sale ... didn't work there any more. The 'closer' pushing $600 Scotchgard and $2k warranty extension was relentless, I couldn't get him to sign over the car for more than an hour. Drove off and discovered a couple of fuses for turn signals, radio, fog lights, cigarette lighter, some other stuff were missing. Everything had worked on the test drive.

Apparently I did get the lowest price they had sold one for. Still have it, its a good car.

However - for a tractor you need to consider after-sale cooperation. For ordinary service and particularly if you need warranty work. Don't PO the guy who will approve warranty repairs!

/ How to negotiate #18  
I've got two good tractor dealers near me. One is a MF & Kioti and the other Case, Mahindra, New Holland. I'm more or a Case and Mahindra guy. I just go in and make an offer. If they take it...good. If not, I just leave. I hate the haggle of it.. lol. When I bought the one I have now. It took me 15 minutes and I was gone. They delivered it the next morning.

/ How to negotiate
Yes, and it isn't that I like to haggle (but don't mind to be honest). What I hate is overpaying. Happy for them to get a decent profit though. It is a bit like when you're flying and find out the chancer sitting in the seat next to you paid 1/3 what you did!