How to price?

/ How to price? #1  

vtsocalm

Tractor
New Holland TC33
All,
I have zero idea of how to price my tractor for sale. Is there something like KBB or Edmunds for used tractors? I have a New Holland TC33DA, it is about 15 years old with something like 250 hours. I've got the loader, a 5' rear mount snow blower and a brush hog. I'd appreciate any help. As I said, I'm not even sure where to begin. Thanks!

/ How to price? #2  
There is no "blue book" for tractors as far as I know;look up similar on www.tractorhouse.com,equiptment trader.com ect.Attachments maybe 50-60% of new if in good shape.
Used prices are up right now.
Just type in your model for sale in google search.Varys somewhat for areas.

/ How to price? #4  
If both the buyer and seller of anything feel screwed...you've hit the magic price

/ How to price? #5  
All,
I have zero idea of how to price my tractor for sale. Is there something like KBB or Edmunds for used tractors? I have a New Holland TC33DA, it is about 15 years old with something like 250 hours. I've got the loader, a 5' rear mount snow blower and a brush hog. I'd appreciate any help. As I said, I'm not even sure where to begin. Thanks!

No. You have to make it up for yourself. Maybe it will help you to hear from a buyer of used things. I prefer to buy all my equipment as low hour used rather than new. I've done that all my life and it works for me.

You haven't said anything about it's usage or condition, upkeep, history, maintenance, or records.
That's significant because how high or low the price is rarely determines if I buy. It's almost always condition and history.

But I need to know the seller's opinion on all those things I mentioned first. Then when I go look at it to see how the sellers opinion compares with what I see. Only then can I compare price. I'm always hoping to see something I will want to be paying high dollar for.

If it was kept inside, has low hours, has had regular maintenance with records, and no history of disasters - then I would expect to see it priced somewhere close to what it sold for originally. A really pristine sweet one might sell for a little more than original price.... and average tractor with 250 hour use maybe 3/4 of original price.

For one stored in the weather outside or lacking solid history and I'm probably not interested even at a low price.
rScotty

/ How to price? #6  
All,

You've got a pretty good tractor for 15yrs old and only 250 hours.
Like written - look up on tractorhouse for a starting price.
I grew up in Underhill, lived about across from the fire station on Rt 15.
Should be able to get a great price this time of year.

/ How to price? #7  
If it was kept inside, has low hours, has had regular maintenance with records, and no history of disasters - then I would expect to see it priced somewhere close to what it sold for originally. A really pristine sweet one might sell for a little more than original price.... and average tractor with 250 hour use maybe 3/4 of original price.
Why not just buy a new one then and get a warranty 🤷‍♂️

/ How to price? #8  
   / How to price? #9  
Why not just buy a new one then and get a warranty 🤷‍♂️

Because as a long time mechanic, and then looking at the condition of dealer mechanics today, and then comparing dealer mechanical shops with what I know about mechanical manufacturing.... it's my opinion that the proven reliability of a good low hour used machine is worth as much or more to a new owner than a warranty is worth.

After all, a good running tractor with any new issues taken care of is going to then go for thousands of hours needing nothing more than occasional maintenance. As K5lwq says above, the new ones have emissions and computers which the older ones did not. BTW, I'm in favor of both - but when better perfected, which they aren't yet.

A warning is that buying anything used needs some knowledge or trust. But that is becoming true of new as well.

I didn't always feel that used could beat new. Right now it has to do with the decline in factory training, dealer apathy for repairs, and the more narrow focus of shop mechanics today towards replacement rather than diagnosis, As well as what I see as an over-emphasis on profit by manufacturers.

It wouldn't surprise me to know that it is changing at some shops right now. I hope so anyway.

rScotty

/ How to price? #10  
Everything has 3 prices:

1. The “I need to sell this today, I need the cash” price
2. The “average” price
3. The “I can wait as long as it takes to get what I want for it” price
I just sold 6 old dog kennel panels yesterday. Most folks are asking 50 to 100 bucks a panel. All I wanted was to get rid of them. Put 200 bucks on add and sold in 15 minutes. I did not need the cash and just wanted them gone.

If you really want it gone, put 13 to 14,000 grand on it for everything. If you are not in a hurry or need to sell put 16 to 17,000 grand and see what happens. I am no expert on pricing tractors but I always tend to let things go cheaper just to move it and not have it sit for 6 months. Plus, most folks don't buy a tractor to sell it 15 years later for full price. Also, the way things are right now you might be able to get a nice price for a pre-emissions tractor that is in good shape. You have to make the call.

I would make sure you set a price where you are willing to sell for 1 grand cheaper than posted price.