Attachments

• 7400 w cage 2.jpg
    7400 w cage 2.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 173
  • rotate6.jpg
    rotate6.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 171
   / How to protect tractor when brushogging #32  
I like this setup the best. Has swingout panels for the engine cage and a choker chain for the hog.;) I know this is overkill for what you guys need but you need at least a loader or front bumper bar. They don't make tractors like they used too, the paper thin sheet metal or plastic needs some protection.

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 179
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 202
  • 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    790.1 KB · Views: 159
   / How to protect tractor when brushogging #33  
I have had problems with sticks and brush also. It seems like the R1 (Ag) tires catch every stick and throw them up at the tractor. The right front tire kicked one up on my brand new M5040 and punched a hole in the hood grill bending the hood. Later on the hood came unlatched and flying up causing the hood to get creased it across the back edge..... I have a couple other dents and scratches in the rear fenders from ther rear tires catching brush.

/ How to protect tractor when brushogging #35  
My biggest concern is the fuel filter on my L3400. I'm glad it's easy to get to for maintenance reasons but I've cracked the housing 2 times now from sticks jamming into it. I use my bucket as a guard but things can still spring up after you pass over them. I thought I saw where somebody made a guard on here for their fuel filter but I can't find it....

/ How to protect tractor when brushogging #36  
I do think the tractors have become more easily damaged. I wouldn't take my M5040 where I used to go with my old M4700. Some of it is being wiser now :) but the M5040 has more fragile stuff hanging under it.

I have a skid steer with a front mount cutter for the rougher terrain now.

Ken

/ How to protect tractor when brushogging #38  
If you guys could send me some pics of guards i got a guy who can make anything i just need the ideas

I haven't taken pictures of everything that we have done in the past. You can Google for picture ideas?

I agree with Ken that tractors have become more easily damaged on the bottom side.

It痴 always been my thought that a tractor (no matter the brand) needs/should to be setup for there intended purpose.

Since you have a fabricator ..... I recommend that you decide what you want to protect on your tractor verses your working conditions.

Then share that with your fabricator....... this is the first step of a idea that meets your needs.

Some Things to consider;
The added weight.
User friendly for maintenance and repair.
Braces / attaching points/location meet demand/load/pressure.

/ How to protect tractor when brushogging
Thank you. I definitly want the sides protected

/ How to protect tractor when brushogging #40  

Attachments

• blade attached.jpg
    blade attached.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 154
  • excavatorsaw.jpg
    excavatorsaw.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 135