How to protect tractor when brushogging

/ How to protect tractor when brushogging #41  
Run the tractor with a loader and bucket. Keep the bucket about a foot off the ground. This will knock down all the big stuff.

If tree branches are hitting the tractor from the side then get off the tractor and grab a chainsaw.

/ How to protect tractor when brushogging #42  
I do a fair amount of hedge mowing and trail work. With the blades I can cut upto 4" material. Works faster than 10 guys with chain saws but is worth a mans wages for a year. This last year I trimmed about 40 miles of trail :thumbsup:

Attachments

• cl93.jpg
    cl93.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 149
  • lilk.jpg
    lilk.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 144
   / How to protect tractor when brushogging #43  
In this country, all tractors come with 2 rearview mirrors as they are necessary to make them highway legal. Mine are original JD parts. They are glass with light metal on the front side but the design is such that I have managed not to damage them in my struggles with the various obstacles. They provide an excellent view of what's going on behind the tractor and are really precious when driving on the road.

Attachments

• DSCF1289 [R駸olution de l'馗ran].JPG
    DSCF1289 [R駸olution de l'馗ran].JPG
    463.9 KB · Views: 113
  • DSCF1355 [R駸olution de l'馗ran].JPG
    DSCF1355 [R駸olution de l'馗ran].JPG
    483.4 KB · Views: 99
  • DSCF1624 [R駸olution de l'馗ran].JPG
    DSCF1624 [R駸olution de l'馗ran].JPG
    546.1 KB · Views: 117
   / How to protect tractor when brushogging
bc realtor said:
I do a fair amount of hedge mowing and trail work. With the blades I can cut upto 4" material. Works faster than 10 guys with chain saws but is worth a mans wages for a year. This last year I trimmed about 40 miles of trail :thumbsup:

What is that attachment called

/ How to protect tractor when brushogging #45  

J J, that turbosaw looks awesome! I tried your link but that was only for the hydraulic pole saw. Also did search on ''turbosaw' and got nothing. Do you have a link on the turbosaw and know the approximate cost. If not too expensive, looks like it would be great for pine and oak saplings removal.

/ How to protect tractor when brushogging #46  
I had a spike a lot years ago, that almost removed my man hood. I had another one a couple of months ago that hit the throtle and shut the tractor down. Backing in helps, but watch out for those spikes, as they can go into the tires, and shut you down right not.

/ How to protect tractor when brushogging #47  
I like this setup the best. Has swingout panels for the engine cage and a choker chain for the hog.;) I know this is overkill for what you guys need but you need at least a loader or front bumper bar. They don't make tractors like they used too, the paper thin sheet metal or plastic needs some protection.

Not for me.....that would be great for the cr@p I find myself cutting. :laughing:

For the OP: I know your pain. I have ripped off almost all my amber flashers. They aren't cheap. Dealer wants $91 for each light. Gorilla glue is a lot cheaper.:)
I would like to build a forrestry cab protector for my M7040. I think someone could make a decent living building these for the more popular brands of tractors.

I agree that today's tractors are built like China dolls. I dislike owning equipment you have to be overly careful with. I'm disappointed at how delicate R-1's are compared to R-4's around barb wire, sharp sticks, etc.