How's your hand strength.

/ How's your hand strength. #11  
I tried my bathroom scales and broke it............

/ How's your hand strength. #12  
It will forever remain a mystery for me as I refuse to have any kind of 'bathroom' scale in my house.

I don't need the anguish or concern. :)

But, yes, I have noticed that the 'youth of today' don't have a firm handshake and I find myself 'backing off' for fear of crushing them.

/ How's your hand strength. #13  
I have worked with my hands all my life. I would say my hands have always been above average in strength. But they hurt these days.. They are stiff in the mornings and always tight.

/ How's your hand strength. #14  
I went back to the scale and tried again... 160 pounds this time. Boy my hands are going to hurt in the morning.

/ How's your hand strength. #15  
Before PA school, I worked doing roofing, as a mason's assistant, stayed summers on my uncle's farm and shoveled everything from grain to manure, stocked shelves and unloaded literal tons of pallets and stacked them, so my hands WERE strong and hard, but 23 years of being in a hospital or office 60+ hours a week, a herniated disk in my neck, and carpal tunnel syndrome in both hands have taken their tolls on that, but my weekends and vacations are doing what they can to keep me strong.

/ How's your hand strength. #16  
I think it was ~1982 that the Atari consoles started spreading, and now there's a multi-billion dollar industry. The overweight/obesity spike began shortly afterwards. A bored kid used to get sent outside to explore, climb trees, build forts, or play some ball... that is, if chores were done. There's dishwashers, roombas, log splitters, snowblowers, riding mowers, and maintenance fees that ease the household chore load for people that used to be the kids jobs and physical training. There isn't the same physical labor load on the average American adult or child.
There were fitness standards when I was schooled, and the PE teacher would show you where you fell among the group and nationally... jumping jacks, sit-ups and push-ups were part of every PE class, then laps/windsprints added. Even stretching is absent from most PE now, let alone ranking compared to others that might shame or embarrass a child.

/ How's your hand strength. #17  
Not what it used to be, for sure. @65 years of age, the last couple of years have seen a distinct decrease in overall strength.

Add to that a nasty case of bursitis in my right shoulder and I'm lucky to be able to pick up a coffee cup with my right hand.

Fortunately, I'm left-handed...:p

/ How's your hand strength. #18  
I tried my bathroom scales and broke it............

You was supposed to squeeze it NOT STAND ON IT !!!!!!!!!

Sorry, couldn't help myself !!!!

/ How's your hand strength. #19  
I am 6'3 at 265#but shrunk to 6'2. I moved to a logging type area and certain people who actually worked hard for a living logging have a tremendous grip. When I shake hands I try not to let on I became a ***** in my old age by my handshake. I don't know if they are trying to squeeze my hand harder or is normal for them, but I like a firm handshake.

I need to learn how to consistently get a grip to where my hands just don't squish with their hands wrapped around mine.

I did notice that I need to get my wife to open my cereal bags up. I don't have the little pincher grip to do that without ripping the whole top off the bag.

/ How's your hand strength. #20  
What dumb things we do on TBN just for entertainment.

I just tried the scales with both hands. 250-260# give or take. Which is about 50% more than I weigh. I do work with my hands for a living though. I think cutting firewood for the last 15-20 years, where you handle alot of pieces with one had grasping the end.....attributes to a pretty good grip.