How's your hand strength.

/ How's your hand strength. #21  
What dumb things we do on TBN just for entertainment.

I just tried the scales with both hands. 250-260# give or take. Which is about 50% more than I weigh. I do work with my hands for a living though. I think cutting firewood for the last 15-20 years, where you handle alot of pieces with one had grasping the end.....attributes to a pretty good grip.

You are what I used to be...

/ How's your hand strength. #22  
I used to have a superb grip and won most of the games using a broom handle. This is where two people grip a broom handle with both hands held up high, then try to bring the broom downward making the other persons hands slip on the handle. It takes a really firm grip to hold a larger persons downward thrust but the one with the stronger grip will win over a larger person with more body strength. He may be able to pull your arms down, but if his grip isn't strong, the broom handle will twist in his hands so he looses.

My scales are digital and wont work when pressed by hand so I don't know what I can do today but certainly not what I could do in my 20's when I could wring a 300# scale past the 0 when using both hands. My grip is probable the least affected by muscle mass loss though because most all of my other muscles groups are really sagging.

/ How's your hand strength. #23  
My wife is already there. She can't open her twist top bottles. I'm her opener for now.
Me too since wife fell of my motorcycle and broke both wrists about 17 years ago, she never got any strength back in her wrist. Now I really struggle with some caps. Arthritis in the hands doesn't help either. A few days ago I had to get some pliers to remove the top on a salad dressing bottle. I have never seen a cap so tight before or maybe I am just a bit weak.

/ How's your hand strength. #24  
Me too since wife fell of my motorcycle and broke both wrists about 17 years ago, she never got any strength back in her wrist. Now I really struggle with some caps. Arthritis in the hands doesn't help either. A few days ago I had to get some pliers to remove the top on a salad dressing bottle. I have never seen a cap so tight before or maybe I am just a bit weak.

Gotta use a pliers to pull garden weeds!

/ How's your hand strength. #25  
Pair of channel locks and rubber strap wrench for bigger bottles have been normal tools is kitchen drawer for years. Started out Better Half needed them now I do. It couldn't be do to age or Rheumatoid Arthritis, companies must have increase the torque on twist of caps :laughing: I can still get caps off Bud long necks without "special tools". May be Mind Over Matter has something to do with it :thumbsup:

/ How's your hand strength. #26  
My wife is already there. She can't open her twist top bottles. I'm her opener for now.

If it wasn't for pop top openers, kitchen shears and rubber grip pads, I would have to eat out most of the time.

/ How's your hand strength. #27  
I went back to the scale and tried again... 160 pounds this time. Boy my hands are going to hurt in the morning.

I just had to try too... I got to 165. I'm 43, 6', 160lbs, and I sit at a desk all day... Come spring, we'll be building a house, so I'll be curious to see if my bathroom scale grip improves over the next year. :)

Thanks for the entertainment! :)

/ How's your hand strength. #28  
Hand grip/forearm strength is an important part of overall body performance even for everyday chores.

There's lots of hand grip strengtheners available with different amounts of resistance. Here's a pic of my set, but there's a huge variety of types available.

IMG_0649.JPG

Terry

/ How's your hand strength. #29  
It's the pain that is the problem, not conditioning.

Be aware that use it or lose it is a myth that genetics easily takes care of.

/ How's your hand strength. #30  
I just had to try too... I got to 165. I'm 43, 6', 160lbs, and I sit at a desk all day... Come spring, we'll be building a house, so I'll be curious to see if my bathroom scale grip improves over the next year. :)

Thanks for the entertainment! :)

I have spent the last 16 years at a desk and computer too. I am 62. I used to be a lot stronger when I was younger, I did a lot more physical work.