Tractor Sizing HP and loader sizing question

/ HP and loader sizing question #11  
A Kubota 7040 or the later 7060 is considerably smaller than the 8540/9540 or it's newer brothers 8560/9960. Go to the Kubota website and read up on the specs, you'll see the differences.

You should understand that any tractor with the factory FEL that belongs on it has enough front end to handle the load. It's when you buy a tractor and then put an aftermarket FEL on that you risk upsetting that balance.

Try to visit dealer's lots of all brands and educate yourself. Even it it's newer model stuff that you can't budget you will learn what size tractor you feel comfortable with. Also gather dealer brochures. They list all the technical specs and it's an education you can absorb while sitting in the recliner with no pressure. When I bought my M9540 I had never saw one in person. Educated myself and knew what specs I needed/wanted. Drove 4.5hrs to the dealer's lot, spent about 30 minutes on the tractor and hauled it home. No regrets.

/ HP and loader sizing question
I looked at a lot of the compacts before I bought my 3720. Have to move a bit quicker on this one that I would like as I wasn't expecting to get the land last weekend and I have to work to get a track cut to get it perced. I appreciate the feedback. Pretty much confirmed what I was thinking. Called about this one today. Pretty sure it's going to fit the bill:

http://http://www.tractorhouse.com/listings/farm-equipment/for-sale/9950485/kubota-m9540

/ HP and loader sizing question #13  
looks good though i'd want another set or two of rear remotes

A Kubota 7040 or the later 7060 is considerably smaller than the 8540/9540 or it's newer brothers 8560/9960. Go to the Kubota website and read up on the specs, you'll see the differences.

You should understand that any tractor with the factory FEL that belongs on it has enough front end to handle the load. It's when you buy a tractor and then put an aftermarket FEL on that you risk upsetting that balance.

Try to visit dealer's lots of all brands and educate yourself. Even it it's newer model stuff that you can't budget you will learn what size tractor you feel comfortable with. Also gather dealer brochures. They list all the technical specs and it's an education you can absorb while sitting in the recliner with no pressure. When I bought my M9540 I had never saw one in person. Educated myself and knew what specs I needed/wanted. Drove 4.5hrs to the dealer's lot, spent about 30 minutes on the tractor and hauled it home. No regrets.

So I took your advice, and man am I glad I did.

Looked at Deere, Kubota, and Mihandra. Hands down, the Mihandra m75 and m85s are absolute beasts. They are beefy, have specs that will meet or exceed what I needed to do and when compared to their counterparts in green and orange, their pricing would allow me to go with new for the price I could get used. While I want to buy outright, at 0% for 84 months and a 5 year warranty I think I would be hard pressed not to go in this direction.

What am I missing?

/ HP and loader sizing question #16  
I have no experience with Mahindra. There are a lot of happy Mahindra owners on here. Maybe start a thread about those models in the Mahindra section here?

/ HP and loader sizing question #17  
How long are the 36" logs? A 36" log gets heavy fast.

image-4218615743.jpg

/ HP and loader sizing question #19  
The biggest one I saw was a Red Oak. Haven't cut any yet.

Might want to think about what lengths are appropriate for the species you have. Lots of red oak used for cabinetry and the length of the logs could be 8 to 12' length. If you are cutting pine for pilings or poles you might need long lengths. Depends on what you have and what you need to do.

Might want to think about what lengths are appropriate for the species you have. Lots of red oak used for cabinetry and the length of the logs could be 8 to 12' length. If you are cutting pine for pilings or poles you might need long lengths. Depends on what you have and what you need to do.

Even on the shorter side I'm sure we are looking at approaching 3000 lbs.....if we go longer we could eclipse 5000. Having the capability to load 4000lbs+ has been my metric...plus I've got to skid them off the hill.