HPX vs Bobcat 2200 vs RTV--Help!

/ HPX vs Bobcat 2200 vs RTV--Help! #11  
$15,750 for a Gator HPX? /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Does it have AC, power windows, and cruise control? That is outrageous!

/ HPX vs Bobcat 2200 vs RTV--Help! #12  
That price for a diesel Gator is insane. That's not anywhere close to the right price. If you're getting 16% off of list that thing should be less than $10k. I bought my gas one last year for $7500.

As far as which one to choose I agree with you that the power steering is a waste. I also think the HST is a waste. I have never had an occasion when either one of these options would have benfited me at all. Like you said there is alot to go wrong with one that would be complicated and need a dealer to fix. There isn't anything on the HPX that I couldn't easily fix. I'm not saying that the RTV isn't a good unit but I think it's way overkill for what it is.

The bobcat is VERY nice and if all three were the same price that would be my pick hands down. BUT when I was looking the bobcat started at $18k and that was without a cab. With that nice cab and all prices were in the high 20's and low 30's. Unless I was Donald ***** my $7500 Gator HPX does just fine. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ HPX vs Bobcat 2200 vs RTV--Help! #13  
Jim,

I just called the dealer and he said the list on the Gator HPX diesel is $10,899. At 16% off he said you would be at $9155. He doesn't charge set-up or anything extra. Off the top of his head he thought 10% over cost would be around $8400. I think your dealer has a little explaining to do.

/ HPX vs Bobcat 2200 vs RTV--Help! #14  
I do think he has mentioned a SUV like setup,,, that must mean full cab and a bunch of options. How is this gator setup if you have an MSRP of $19000? what other options/accessories are being quoted?

/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ HPX vs Bobcat 2200 vs RTV--Help! #15  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">(

As far as which one to choose I agree with you that the power steering is a waste. I also think the HST is a waste. I have never had an occasion when either one of these options would have benfited me at all. )</font>

They said the same thing when it started comming out on tractors, today thats what everyone wants.

/ HPX vs Bobcat 2200 vs RTV--Help! #16  
cowboydoc, it is possible that the price he got quoted was for a PROgator, the diesel 2030 ProGator has a MSRP of about $20,000, the cab option is a few grand more. The gas version (2020) is over $17K. I remember looking them up a while back when I considered a Bobcat Toolcat (that one is just plain scary when you check the prices with a cab!)

/ HPX vs Bobcat 2200 vs RTV--Help! #17  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( cowboydoc, it is possible that the price he got quoted was for a PROgator, the diesel 2030 ProGator has a MSRP of about $20,000, the cab option is a few grand more. The gas version (2020) is over $17K. I remember looking them up a while back when I considered a Bobcat Toolcat (that one is just plain scary when you check the prices with a cab!)
)</font>

Hmmm. A RTV at around $11K + $3K in accessories is now looking like the least expensive of the bunch. And it has power steering /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ HPX vs Bobcat 2200 vs RTV--Help! #18  
<font color="red"> Hmmm. A RTV at around $11K + $3K in accessories is now looking like the least expensive of the bunch. And it has power steering </font>

A RTV is a totally different animal than a ProGator, but I'm still thinking that the prices he got quoted must have been for a 2030 ProGator. It is not really fair to compare a 30hp diesel with a total payload capacity that exceeds 2500#. Other than the price he got quoted, the other thing that makes me think his price quote was on a ProGator was because they come with power steering and I don't think the regular HPX Gators do. But like I said, I'm just guessing on the fact that he probably got quoted on the Pro.

/ HPX vs Bobcat 2200 vs RTV--Help!

Oh, no, not a progator! I wish /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

See the attachment for my build from the WWW site. Note you have to add the 2 figures, and then the 250 minimum for frt & labor, etc.

Also, I left off the protective housing (std on trail gator) for the CVT belt, $185?

Total list was just under 19K before the labor, etc.

The relayed dealer comment implying cost on a basic machine listing at $10,900 was such that 10% over cost was $8400 seems really almost too good (implies cost of $7650 or so). That is around 30 points of margin.

Tim, my Bobcat (and Deere) salesman has always seemed to talk pretty straight about cost...aw, who knows? He has always told me about 20 points in Bobcat is what he has to work with. Deere, maybe he is misinformed or is using some kind of "landed cost" like our food vendors do. That is what salemen work with in pricing groceries to us--has some overhead built in.

Just thought I'd toss a little more wood on this fire. I REALLY appreciate everyone's comments!

I'm going to post separately about the 2200 comment above, may try to attach my list price work up on that, too.

Jim
/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Attachments

• 559189-Gator build, r1 JGH.pdf
    20.8 KB · Views: 689
   / HPX vs Bobcat 2200 vs RTV--Help! #20  
Wow Dude!
Were there any options you didn't get?

I guess you did spec it out rather heavily!