HPX vs Bobcat 2200 vs RTV--Help!

/ HPX vs Bobcat 2200 vs RTV--Help!
20050105'

Hi, Cowboydoc

[hey, aren't you the one who posted that pic of an big excavator you rented tilted into a creekbed a couple of yrs ago /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif ? If not you were in on that discussion weren't you? Don't worry, been there--I turned over my NH vineyard machine 2 mos ago at our new place /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif]

The Bobcat you might be referring to sounds like the ToolCat rather than the 2200, since without cab, etc, it may run somewhere in that range--

List on the Diesel Bobcat 2200 is $10,875, very close to the green ones. It is made by Ingersoll-Rand's newly acquired Club Car subsidiary, so the Bobcat name is only an add on at this point.

I did note that in building a 2200 as close to the HPX diesel "SUV" (see the other attachment & post), that I came out fairly far under the Deere in list pricing, but since I know little about the 2200 I cannot be sure all the options are of equal appeal, such as the 2200's cab.

J

/ HPX vs Bobcat 2200 vs RTV--Help! #22  
Yeah, my grandfather said the same thing about cars with automatic transmissions and power steering. He had no problem shifting gears and with manual steering. He though it was a waste for an automatic and power steering. I kind of think we are looking at the same thing here. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ HPX vs Bobcat 2200 vs RTV--Help! #23  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Wow Dude!
Were there any options you didn't get?

I guess you did spec it out rather heavily!
)</font>

My thoughts exactly.

Jim - have you considered using ANY aftermarket accessories? Pricing is probably 1/2 of what's on your spec sheet.

BTW - I didn't see a stereo in your configuration /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ HPX vs Bobcat 2200 vs RTV--Help! #24  
The old "different strokes for different folks". I knew I did not want diesel no matter what brand we ended up with. As far as the power steering that wasn't an issue for our application either. The RTVs are nice but I wasn't looking for another work vehicle (or diesel). We just wanted a vehicle to use at our vacation (future) home. Something to drive to the lake that didn't take up as much room as the truck or our car. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ HPX vs Bobcat 2200 vs RTV--Help! #25  
I'm sort of curious as to why you know you don't want a diesel. Is it the initial cost? The first JD Gator I bought long ago was gas because I flat wasn't going to buy a diesel. I didn't want the smell, the hassle and the additional cost. On paper, the gas supposedly had the same HP.

I did a bad thing after I had mine for about a year. I went and drove a neighbor's diesel Gator just so I could see how bad it was. Uh, oh. I became a big time convert. Not to say at all that you should buy a diesel, but I had decided against one for all the wrong reasons. On a UV application, it seems that you can't run one out of fuel in one day. I have a gas powered Rhino and I can easily go through two tanks of gas in one day. Also, with the Rhino, I have to allow a good 5 minutes of warm up time before it will drive right. The diesel RTV I have is ready to go as soon as I start it and it is much smoother. It is very much slower than the Rhino, but considerably smoother. Anyway, both have their places, I was just curious as to why you knew you didn't want a diesel. Good Luck!

/ HPX vs Bobcat 2200 vs RTV--Help! #26  
I don't really have any thing against diesel. The Gator is my wife's vehicle and she did not want that "diesel smell". Frankly if the road to the lake wasn't such a long and at points steep grade we probably would have went with a battery or smaller HP gas model. We really were just looking for basic transportation with some flexability. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ HPX vs Bobcat 2200 vs RTV--Help!

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( ...have you considered using ANY aftermarket accessories? Pricing is probably 1/2 of what's on your spec sheet. )</font>

Open to suggestion on aftermarket, but other than a Curtis or Essex cab, what products would you suggest?

I AM going aftermarket on the winch, no reason not to--no fitment or brand issues, assuming I can get the right bracket, etc. The Montana Jacks site makes some interesting points on high vs low mounting on ATVs.

Stereo? Oh c'mon...in a motor vehicle? /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Actually it would be hard to hear in, for example, the RTV cab unit I tried out. Get this--it was a NPS owned unit from one of the nearby battlefields (Civil War that is), and was it decked out! Heater was blowing fuses which my Kubota guys blamed on too small a gauge wiring.

IN ANY CASE--Your tax dollars at work /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Jim

/ HPX vs Bobcat 2200 vs RTV--Help! #28  
Did you know that the "E" (electric) Gator is the fastest Gator? I did drive one, and it was pretty nice and it was silent. Where I live they have these "auto-cross" competitions in parking lots. You know, where the little MG's and other small cars race around an obsticle course in the parking lot. Anyway, they had to re-write their rules because stock "E" Gators were clobbering the cars that people had spent tens of thousands of dollers on! All across the country, new lap records were being broken by the electric Gators! Ha! I suppose that would be embarrassing if you had spent 40K on your vehicle and had what you thought was somebody's transportation cart beat you come race time! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ HPX vs Bobcat 2200 vs RTV--Help! #29  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Open to suggestion on aftermarket, but other than a Curtis or Essex cab, what products would you suggest?

I AM going aftermarket on the winch, no reason not to--no fitment or brand issues, assuming I can get the right bracket, etc. The Montana Jacks site makes some interesting points on high vs low mounting on ATVs.)</font>

Jim,
Looking at your spec sheet of all the things you're adding, many are available for the HPX and RTV from several sources. I'd try Hunterworks first.

Other things can be purchased off the shelf from most anywhere at about 1/2 of the listed price (e.g. draw bars for the hitch, lighting if you install yourself).

Do you have a spec sheet for the other 2 brands? Looking through this list, I'm thinking the others come with many of these things included.

Why are you getting a rubber mat for the cargo box as well as a bed liner? Did you confirm the bed liner will fit if the mat is in place?

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Stereo? Oh c'mon...in a motor vehicle? /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
)</font>
I use the stereo mainly at the destination but will sometimes use when driving. Park the machine and listen to tunes while working or playing.

/ HPX vs Bobcat 2200 vs RTV--Help! #30  
15 Years ago drink holders were unheard of in cars and trucks? Does that mean we didn't need them? Or did we just spill more drinks back then?

That's Ok just hose out the mess. No carpet or mats, just a metal floor. So we don't needs carpet or metal floor mats?

/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif