HST or manual shift on B series?

/ HST or manual shift on B series? #21  
i always owned manuel trannys i had hst they are under powered in my book i ran one hst tractor i hated it beside i know a hst would never hold up to me

/ HST or manual shift on B series? #22  
I like the HST on my b2920. It does cost some HP, but in this size tractor it's not an issue because you already have more HP than traction / weight. The only way I'd go back to a gear tractor is if I had to drive for long periods at a constant speed (i.e. mowing a big field or something). For any FEL work the HST makes a huge difference in your efficiency and is easier on the operator.

/ HST or manual shift on B series? #23  
case245 said:
i always owned manuel trannys i had hst they are under powered in my book i ran one hst tractor i hated it beside i know a hst would never hold up to me

Talking outta your a#*!

/ HST or manual shift on B series? #24  
   / HST or manual shift on B series? #25  

Talking outta your a#*!
I've had a few go arounds with Caseman, but this is one time I agree with him. I don't hate HST, but I'll never buy another. Gear drive just works better me.

I think everyone should buy what they like! :D

/ HST or manual shift on B series? #26  
I prefer GST myself and I do a lot of loader work. Ankle isn't sore and I don't need hearing protectors to keep the whine out of my ears... Just my opinion of course just like everyone else has one. No offense.........

/ HST or manual shift on B series? #27  
I've had a few go arounds with Caseman, but this is one time I agree with him. I don't hate HST, but I'll never buy another. Gear drive just works better me.

I think everyone should buy what they like! :D

Agreed, I run and like both types on different size/makes of tractors.

/ HST or manual shift on B series? #28  
I had a gear drive Yanmar and I really liked it, although it didnt have a FEL. I have also operated multiple gear driven tractors with loaders and they seemed to get more power to the ground vs/ a similarly sized HST model. Shuttle Shift is really nice on a gear, even just plain power reverser makes a difference. However I think the Kubota B series is only basic gear, so if you plan to change directions a lot you may find HST more convenient. It's a toss up, I would drive both and see what you like best in the end. :2cents:

/ HST or manual shift on B series? #29  
I agree you should try both and see what you like, but for loader work nothing beats HST, it is not just the ease of changing directions, because a shuttle can accomplish that too, it is the ability to creep and do precision work.. You just cannot do with gear driven tractors. All of the negative things people say about HST are true, They do not put as much power to the ground, they produce more heat, they whine (some way more than others, the smaller they are the more whiney they seem to be) but I don't give a rats hat about the negatives, because the positives sooooo outweigh the negatives for precision work it is not even funny! If you are a typical suburban home owner and new tractor owner you will be much better served by a HST tractor. That is my two cents from a 20+ year 5 tractor owner 2 gear and 3 hydrostat

James K0UA