HST pedal preference

/ HST pedal preference #11  
I have a Case-ih dx29 with rocker pedal and JD with twin pedals. The twin pedal is superior over the rocker pedal. I will say it again SUPERIOR. I can't remember a single time when the rocker is better. Not saying the rocker is horrible, but unless you have run both, don't say the rocker is better. The rocker is fine for going forward, but when you start looking backwards, twisting in the seat and not in normal forward driving, then the ergonomics of the twin pedal is much better.

/ HST pedal preference #12  
We are talking about M/F tractors not Deere or Case---there pedal are diffront then M/F

/ HST pedal preference #13  
radman1 said:
I have a Case-ih dx29 with rocker pedal and JD with twin pedals. The twin pedal is superior over the rocker pedal. I will say it again SUPERIOR. I can't remember a single time when the rocker is better. Not saying the rocker is horrible, but unless you have run both, don't say the rocker is better. The rocker is fine for going forward, but when you start looking backwards, twisting in the seat and not in normal forward driving, then the ergonomics of the twin pedal is much better.

Radman1, I have no doubt that the twin pedal system is better for you, but that does not prove that it is better for everybody else. I am relatively sure that somebody else can say something of similar certainty about the twin pedal system.

/ HST pedal preference #14  
When I bought my first tractor, I tested the 1523 with the rocker HST pedal. Hated it.

I then tested the TYM 233 with the twin pedals and was sold. Twin fits me much better than rocker.

/ HST pedal preference #15  
The NH T1320(?) class II Boomer I test drove had the single rocker HST pedal.

The T2320 class III has the twin pedals, and I liked that setup much better so I got the bigger tractor.

/ HST pedal preference #16  
As they say "Your mileage may vary".

I have owned both, and find the rocker more to my liking. Superior...or inferior...call it what you will, but put me down in the "prefer rocker" column.

Now, I will say that not all rockers are created equal, IMHO. I have one neighbor with a BX1800 that has a single rocker, which I also find quite comfortable. Another neighbor has a B26?? that has a separate reverse heel pedal, which requires him to move his foot quite a bit to press it.

I haven't used his tractor, but it looks more awkward than the single rocker design. Regardless, he likes it a lot - and when all is said and done, that is the most important factor.

Jay

/ HST pedal preference #17  
i like the tho pedal.i really like the rocker. for me when i turn to use the box blade and all turned around, my foot is just in the right spot to hit the back up button.. .almost like they planned it that way.mine is the 1547 jon

/ HST pedal preference #18  
I have run both, not saying either is superior, I just like the rocker since I am always going backward and forward (it feels more efficient and easier) but obviously either gets the job done without much trouble. I guess it just comes down to preference.

DEWFPO

/ HST pedal preference #19  
Maybe I am just "rocker challenged". With the rocker, I have to change the postion of my heal or leg to get more comfortable while looking backwards. Maybe the rocker guys are better drivers and don't need to look back as much as I do. The rocker works just fine and maybe Massey has a better design than the Case-ih (new holland) and the Kubota's I have driven with rocker. However, the Massey change in design to twin pedal maybe based on customer surveys. The ability to just leave you heal in one spot a just invert or evert the foot is too easy. Only downside to twin pedal is when listening to good music. If you tap your foot back and forth on the pedals, it doesn't work so well.;) You guys with big feet and don't like the twin pedals should be driving bigger tractors.:cool:

/ HST pedal preference #20  
I have owned the 2310 with the rocker pedal and the new 2610 with the twin pedal setup. I had the 2310 for 3 yrs, and I've had the 2610 for about three months.

I never had a problem with the rocker pedal, it worked great for me. I like the two pedal design also, but I'm still getting used to it. It doesn't have any advantages that I can see, maybe it works better for those whose boots don't line up with the rocker toe/heel, but other than that?

I can only guess they did it because rockers are less common and maybe were deemed not as marketable as a two pedal setup.

I would have been perfectly happy if they left the rocker pedal on.