HST pedal preference

/ HST pedal preference #21  
I had a 1984 Snapper 1855-A (same as Massey 1855-A) before my 2005 GC-2300 and I liked the pivot pedal better on the Snapper cause it was one big wide pedal so any size foot could operate with ease. My size 10's are a little small for this pedal but I couldn't see wanting to trade for the two pedal. I like the fact that you don't have to use the brake but to set the park.

Attachments

• snapper.jpg
    snapper.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 94
  • snapper 1.jpg
    snapper 1.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 91
   / HST pedal preference #22  
jaybrad said:
As they say "Your mileage may vary".

I have owned both, and find the rocker more to my liking. Superior...or inferior...call it what you will, but put me down in the "prefer rocker" column.

Now, I will say that not all rockers are created equal, IMHO. I have one neighbor with a BX1800 that has a single rocker, which I also find quite comfortable. Another neighbor has a B26?? that has a separate reverse heel pedal, which requires him to move his foot quite a bit to press it.

I haven't used his tractor, but it looks more awkward than the single rocker design. Regardless, he likes it a lot - and when all is said and done, that is the most important factor.

Jay

My B26 is a single pivot pedal forward and reverse and is very easy to operate:)
The Gotcha Man

/ HST pedal preference #23  
gotcha said:
My B26 is a single pivot pedal forward and reverse and is very easy to operate:)
The Gotcha Man

My neighbor's tractor is a brand new B2620 and it has what looks to be a separate heel pedal popping up through the platform. He likes it a lot.

Jay

/ HST pedal preference #24  
jaybrad said:
My neighbor's tractor is a brand new B2620 and it has what looks to be a separate heel pedal popping up through the platform. He likes it a lot.

Jay

That very well could be, but we are talking about 2 different machines. There is quite a difference between the B26and the B2620. I may be wrong but I thought was answering for the B26.I still say the B26 is a single pivot forward reverse pedal. :)
The Gotcha Man