HST vs. Gear

/ HST vs. Gear #121  
"Resale value. You pay more for an HST so the resale value should be higher. You pay less for a gear so the resale value should be lower."

Yep...the calculations I did a while back showed the same percentage depreciation for hydros and gears.

Must admit one thing...I did a configuration on a Deere 3320 (shhhhhhh! don't tell my wife!) and the eHydro was only an $860 option. That surprised me...figured it would be twice that.
Of course, my transmission choice was the Reverser..best of both worlds.

/ HST vs. Gear #122  
I've had Hydro Deere Tractors since 1980, and kept some of the machines for over twelve years.... I've never had an issue with any Hydro Transmission. They are very reliable as far as I'm concerned. Even though they were all well taken care of, they got used very hard...

Some like gears, some like Hydros...

For Me, I'll never not have a Hydro.... for the amount of time I use them, it's worth more to me how easy they are vs. thinking about something might go wrong 30 years from now.

/ HST vs. Gear #123  
755 in NY ...Purchase vs Resale. I agree with you and should have been more clear. You do pay more to buy HST, and therefore get more on resale... percentage of sale price is likely close to the same but I think you would be able to sell the HST quicker as it seems to have a bigger demand in the compact tractors.

Pressure... that's a relative term like temperature. 20* is cold to a lot of folks down south, but not cold at all up north. That's why it is so important to try these tractors for yourself and form your own opinion, and not take what others say as gospel.

/ HST vs. Gear #124  
I am very happy with my HST I am sure it will serve me well.

Don /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif