Hung up!

/ Hung up! #1  

jd_318

Tractor
Kubota L3130 HST
Well, doing some brush-hogging on this fine 4th of July and got into a little predicament. (pic attached) Had to call the hook /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Attachments

• 686664-P7040446.jpg
    686664-P7040446.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 1,211
   / Hung up! #2  
Bummer. I've never sunk (yet) but yesterday I got the ROPS hung up on a tree. Today I turned that tree into ash /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif But I am curious, what did tow truck driver say when he showed up?

/ Hung up!
Ch-Ching /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif No, actually he was pretty nice but I did get the holiday rate. He told me about a run he had to make to get another Kubota out of the mud. When he got to the location he asked the guy 'where is it'? The fellow pointed to the last foot of the ROPS sticking out of the surface of the pond. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif So I guess it coulda been worse...

/ Hung up! #4  
Did you try putting the loader bucket face down with a good deal of down pressure and then curling the bucket to use the bucket lip to flip you back while slowly backing up with diff lock engaged? Sometimes you only gain a few inches per attempt, but they add up until your tires can reach a better spot.

That technique has been very useful in my experience, but you may have been beyond it. It works best when executed as soon as you start spinning the tires.

As they say, 4wd doesn't mean you won't get stuck, it means when you get stuck, you're in a LOT worse place.

/ Hung up! #5  
I hate those sinkholes like that. I put my B7510 in one a few months ago.

Fortunately I managed to go forward and get through it but it was a mess to clean up.

Looking at your picture I suspect I would have driven right into the same spot where you lost it. You just can't tell that it is a bad place until you get that sinking feeling.

At least you got it out of there before it went completely under!

Bill Tolle

/ Hung up! #6  
Hey Bob; What is it with you and trees lately? /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ Hung up!
I'm no expert (although I play one at work) /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif but by the time the R4's started spinning and got loaded with dirt that was all she wrote. Darned old creekbed /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Attachments

• 687244-P7040444.jpg
    687244-P7040444.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 274
   / Hung up! #8  
WELL DOO DOO does happen, but i bet you hated to make that call /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Hung up! #9  
The only time I stuck my 3830 was with the bushhog attached. After disconnecting the bushhog, I was able to get myself unstuck.
I'm not sure that would have solved your problem, but it might help in the future?

/ Hung up!
I wish I could have removed the bush-hog but had nothing big enough to pull it out from behind the tractor. The silt had a dry crust on it and it has been quite dry here for awhile but when I hit that one spot I sank like I was in quicksand. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif