HUSQVARNA 350 CHAIN SAW

/ HUSQVARNA 350 CHAIN SAW #1  

Holzster

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L4330 HST
I was thinking about getting a new chain saw & was looking at the HUSQVARNA 350 NEW CHAINSAW - here ar the specs:
* Cylinder displacement- 3.0 cu. inch./ 49.4 cc.
* Power- 3.1 hp / 2.3 kW
* Fuel tank volume- 1.06 US pint
* Oil tank volume- 0.55 US pint
* Oil pump type- adjustable flow
* Chain pitch- .325"
* weight (excluding bar and chain)- 10.6 lbs.

What do you guys think?

/ HUSQVARNA 350 CHAIN SAW #2  
I've got one, it is a great light weight saw with plenty of power and handling, a good all purpose general use saw similar to a Stihl 026, 027 or 028.

A 50cc 3HP chainsaw that weighs <11 pounds is a sweet setup.

/ HUSQVARNA 350 CHAIN SAW
Also lookg at: ($50.00 more)

Husqvarna 455 Rancher husky

Cylinder displacement 3.4 cu.inch / 55.5 cm³
Power 3.4 hp / 2.5 kW
Fuel tank volume 0.9 US pint / 0.44l
Oil tank volume 0.7 US pint / 0.32l
Oil pump type
Light excl. cutting equipment 12.8 lbs / 5.8 kg

/ HUSQVARNA 350 CHAIN SAW #5  
I've got a Rancher 55, not sure if that is the same as the 455 Rancher but it probably is.

I'm not a real chainsaw freak but in general this saw has been good for me. The torque is good. Parts and service are a little harder to find than Stihl in my area but I can get them.

I 've got a 20 inch Oregon Bar on it. I think it has a tendency to stretch the chain but that may be the chain and not the saw. I'm going to try some different chain once I trash this one.

I've cut down and bucked up at least 20 or so sizeable Douglas Firs (10-15 years old) and at least two cute little Christmas Trees (over kill). No problems so far and I don't think I have really take that good of care of it. I just clean it up and check all the tensions and fluids before each use. Sharpen the chain whenever I get the urge too.

Hope this helps.

/ HUSQVARNA 350 CHAIN SAW #6  
I've also got the 55Rancher with an 18" bar. Great saw, I've only had it 2yrs but it always starts easy and runs flawlessly. I got it from here and saved about $50 over the big box stores in the area, no tax and free shipping too.. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ HUSQVARNA 350 CHAIN SAW #7  
Last spring my Husquvarna chainsaw wouldn't start. It had been sitting all winter, but worked fine when I'd used it the fall before.

I ended up taking it in to the shop to see what was wrong and they told me it had no compresion. They also said it would be cheaper to buy a new one than to have them rebuild it.

That was to be my expensive, last a very long time saw, and it was only a few years old. Most of those years was sitting around.

I'm very disapointed with Husqvarna and won't buy another of their products. Too much money for a saw that didn't last.

Stihl is probably better, but I'm not gonna spend even more money for there saws to find out. Echo is supposed to be a very good saw too. But again, you're paying for it.

Since my saw only lasted a few years, I decided to go disposable. I fist bought the Poulon purple piece of junk. No power and hard to start. I returned that and bought a Poulon Pro with a 20 inch bar for under $200 at Lowes.

This has been a great chainsaw. Easier to start and more power than my Husquvarna for less than half the price.

I used the Poulon to cut my beans, limb my cedar posts and buck up a bunch of oaks in my lake site.

For the money, it's been a bargain that I'd repeat in a heartbeat. I'm sure you'll have better luck than I did, but you might want to take a look at the cheaper brands.

Eddie

/ HUSQVARNA 350 CHAIN SAW #8  
If you are going to use your chainsaw strictly for felling trees then the heavier one would be OK, but if you are going to be doing any limbing then 12 pounds is gonna get real heavy after a tree or two. I have my choice of two chain saws and I usually choose the lighter one unless I am going to be doing nothing but 'big' cutting, which is rare. And my small saw is a Husqvarna 137, but boy can I cut wood with it. I'm talking wood chips shooting over the top of the bar as well as shooting out the bottom.... Boy are these high RPM Husqvarnas some serious woodcutting machines! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ HUSQVARNA 350 CHAIN SAW #9  
Eddie:
oops, got to doing something else and didn't see your message before I posted mine.

Quote:
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Last spring my Husquvarna chainsaw wouldn't start. It had been sitting all winter, but worked fine when I'd used it the fall before.

I ended up taking it in to the shop to see what was wrong and they told me it had no compresion. They also said it would be cheaper to buy a new one than to have them rebuild it. )</font>

I think that your Husqvarna has a chrome or nikasil cylinder in it (which should be okay), so all you may need is new rings which you could put in yourself. I'm thinking that you may have overheated the saw and ruined the rings. Anybody who knows more than me should chime in here....

I have never had to do anything other than maintenance to a Husqvarna before, but I abused one before I knew very much about chainsaws and I never hurt it and still use it today.

One comment that I would like to make is that a Husqvarna acts like a high performance motorcycle engine instead of an oversized weedeater engine. It idles like a motorcycle and it runs like a motorcycle does at full-throttle too!

/ HUSQVARNA 350 CHAIN SAW #10  
Eddie said:
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I used the Poulon to cut my beans, limb my cedar posts and buck up a bunch of oaks in my lake site. )</font>

ps... I see that you have my wife's recipe for beans...