HUSQVARNA 350 CHAIN SAW

/ HUSQVARNA 350 CHAIN SAW #11  
Cutting beans is a whole diferent story than the one I was trying to tell. Trust me, you don't want to hear that story. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Eddie

/ HUSQVARNA 350 CHAIN SAW #12  
i bought a husky 350 a couple years ago, and i have had no problems with it. id buy the same one again in a heartbeat.

(basically i cut enough wood each year for about 90% of the heat for the house)

john

/ HUSQVARNA 350 CHAIN SAW #13  
I prefer Stihl's myself, but I am responsible for 3 saws, 2 pole saws, and 2 brush cutters. All are Huskys except for 1 pole saw.

Two of our chainsaws have the chain adjustment and brake on the chain cover. I would never buy another saw like this again. I end up changing one cover every year. Our last saw we bought is a 350 or 340? Anyway, it's has the internal brake, and chain adjustment up front. It has been a good saw for us.

It doesn't have the power that the Stihl 046 has so big trees are a job to cut, but for smaller stuff it's a good saw.

/ HUSQVARNA 350 CHAIN SAW #14  
I have had a husky 350 for about a year with no problems, it sure beats the heck of my poulan of similar size!

Stefan,

/ HUSQVARNA 350 CHAIN SAW
I ended up getting the Husqvarna 455 Rancher husky. great saw. I got it off Ebay (new from a Husqvarna dealer) I got it $50.00 cheaper than Sears or Lowes PLUS they through in an extra chain, a 20" bar instaed of an 18", plus the case for the saw, plus FREE shipping) (I paid $5 insurance). Great deal.
If anyone is courious who I got it from just send me a message as they always have some one sale there.
This Saturday I plan on using it a lot can not wait!!! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ HUSQVARNA 350 CHAIN SAW #16  
Sounds like you scored big time!!! Congrats.

I'll be running my chain saw on Saturday too. Gonna have Steph's family over for dinner, so I thought a nice big bon fire would be nice.

Merry Christmas,
Eddie

/ HUSQVARNA 350 CHAIN SAW #17  
Check out the 346XP. It's got the weight of the 350, and the power of the 455. On-line you can get one for about $400. It's also a "Pro" model with adjustable oil pump, metal crank case instead of plastic, etc.

/ HUSQVARNA 350 CHAIN SAW #18  
<font color="blue"> I first bought the Poulan purple piece of junk. No power and hard to start. </font>

Hiya Eddie, how goes the battle?

Hey, do you know how Poulan's got their name?

Because you keep pou-lan and pou-lan and it still won't start. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

OK, that was a cheap shot, sorry about that - couldn't resist. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Sounds like the second one's a winner, and I can't argue with that price! Was the first one a "Wild Thing"? My stump grinder friend has one, and I love razzing him about it.

If you ever wear that 20" Poulan out, maybe try a Stihl MS361 or a Husky 357XP, both AWESOME saws. Of course, I'd say get the Stihl, but I know the price isn't a "steal". You do get what you pay for though, and disposable it's not.

Sorry about the joke, it wasn't aimed at you, even though it did land in your general direction. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif You owe me a tree-guy joke I guess.

OK, here's one:

Q: What's the difference between a tree-climber and a chimpanzee?

A: Oh, I dunno - about 100 lbs. I guess.

There, we're even. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ HUSQVARNA 350 CHAIN SAW #19  
These days any of the Rancher saws, 450, 455, 460, and good alternatives to the old 350. I have a 450 and have been really happy with how it's run.

/ HUSQVARNA 350 CHAIN SAW #20  
Check out the 346XP. It's got the weight of the 350, and the power of the 455. On-line you can get one for about $400. It's also a "Pro" model with adjustable oil pump, metal crank case instead of plastic, etc.

This is what I have, the 346xp. Great saw!
It has jiggled loose one of the muffler mounting screws. I didn't notice until the screw was long gone. One of the down sides of good hearing protection.

I've also broken one of the two top cover clasps. It still works to hold the cover on, but requires a pry tool. I'm not sure what I did to break that. I should order out a replacement.

I burn wood for heat, so put a lot of fuel through the saw seasonally (All done for this year) I just bought a new chain , it was cutting curves ;-) I gotta learn to stay away from logs on the ground.

Any way, I don't recall the specifics, but when "shopping", I choose the xp over the 350 and the Rancher.

I should go back through the specs of each and see what was the trigger. Might have just been that it was a "Professional model.

There is another thread nearby that will steer you towards the ECHO saws. Look into that also, I hear they are good and not to spendy.