Platinum Member
Tractor
Mahindra 3510

Attachments

• Hydraulic Filter.jpg
    Hydraulic Filter.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 280
   / Hydraulic filter 3510- Need help ASAP
I called my "local" dealer. 45 mins one way (longer with the snow), but he has one.

Nobody has a cross ref to WIX? I can get those from the shop just down the road.

Thanks.

- JC

/ Hydraulic filter 3510- Need help ASAP #3  
the wix 51621 is on my 2002 - 4110 now with 90+ hrs on the filter with no problems

So that means the changeover was somewhere between 2002 and 2004, I guess.

Where is your filter located on your 4110? Mine is under the right footrest.

/ Hydraulic filter 3510- Need help ASAP #5  
So that means the changeover was somewhere between 2002 and 2004, I guess.

Where is your filter located on your 4110? Mine is under the right footrest.
not in barn now, but I think rear left, tommorrow will post if different

/ Hydraulic filter 3510- Need help ASAP #6  
All the info I find on they hydraulic filter for my 2004 Gear 3510 is WRONG.

It says WIX 51621, which is the wrong diameter inside and out.

Here is a pic of my Mahindra filter. Please help!

Need WIX cross ref, if possible.

(I put the old one back on)

Thanks.

Edit: First one in this post: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...ydraulic-suction-line-filters.html#post829513

My 2810 uses a Donaldson #P169078 or Napa 1386. The 2810 should be the same filter located under the center of tractor.

This is someone else's project photo, but it show the same filter and location as mine. (I've circled it)

I apologize to the original poster, I would give credit, but don't remember whose pic it is.

- JC

Attachments

• 4110 added joysticks for remote connections-filter markup.jpg
    4110 added joysticks for remote connections-filter markup.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 620
By the way, just paid $45 for a filter from a dealer that knows next to nothing about tractors- at least Mahindras. More on that later.

- JC

/ Hydraulic filter 3510- Need help ASAP #9  
This is someone else's project photo, but it show the same filter and location as mine. (I've circled it)

I apologize to the original poster, I would give credit, but don't remember whose pic it is.

- JC

The filter you have circled on that 4110 is a large, cartridge type filter (suction side filter) that is inside the large metal canister and I have always had to buy mine from a Mahindra dealer, never could find a cross in any brand. If I remember correctly it costs somewhere between $25 - $30. The filter number you mentioned in your original post is a higher pressure spin-on filter (similar to an engine oil filter) that on my 4110 is located at the left rear of the tractor, up higher about seat level - you access it from the 3pt hitch area. My 4110 was built in 2001, don't know what filters they use on later models but I think the 3510's always used the same filters as the 4110.

The filter you have circled on that 4110 is a large, cartridge type filter (suction side filter) that is inside the large metal canister and I have always had to buy mine from a Mahindra dealer, never could find a cross in any brand. If I remember correctly it costs somewhere between $25 - $30. The filter number you mentioned in your original post is a higher pressure spin-on filter (similar to an engine oil filter) that on my 4110 is located at the left rear of the tractor, up higher about seat level - you access it from the 3pt hitch area. My 4110 was built in 2001, don't know what filters they use on later models but I think the 3510's always used the same filters as the 4110.

Makes sense they moved the filtration from the high pressure side to the suction side. But this isn't a cartridge filter on mine- just a very large spin on. I haven't been able to find them anywhere except Mahindra, too. I'll be pre-ordering next time.

I had the system apart and drained before I realized the error, and with the about 10" of snow today so far, glad I got one right away!

- JC