Hydraulic filter 3510- Need help ASAP

/ Hydraulic filter 3510- Need help ASAP #11  
When I first started handling Mahindra's, 35/4110's had that pressure side filter, and the 4110 had the cartridge filter, and 3510 the spin on suction side filters. Then the pressure side filter was eliminated, and then in the past couple years the 4110 went to using the spin on suction side filter, just like the 3510. I once found a thread on TBN that had a NAPA filter, listed as compatable with the spin on suction side filter, so I order it from NAPA to see what it was. When I recieved it, it appeared that it would fit, but the thing was $75.00. That was the only cross over I have heard of.

/ Hydraulic filter 3510- Need help ASAP #12  
I have a 2810 gear Mahindra. I get My Filters and such from Bills tractor parts in Texas. The phone No. 1-866-403-6013. They give very good service.
Poppy

/ Hydraulic filter 3510- Need help ASAP #13  
Makes sense they moved the filtration from the high pressure side to the suction side. But this isn't a cartridge filter on mine- just a very large spin on. I haven't been able to find them anywhere except Mahindra, too. I'll be pre-ordering next time.

I had the system apart and drained before I realized the error, and with the about 10" of snow today so far, glad I got one right away!

- JC

I figured they probably would have changed alot since mine was built, plus being built by another manufacturer altogether would add to that assumption. You should be glad that filter is now a spin-on, it is a real pain in the a.. to change the cartridge in mine !! That canister is pretty heavy and the hoses & bracketing make it tedious, you have to drop the whole thing to seperate it to change the cartridge. Besides the cartridge filter and spin-on filter on mine there is yet another filter in the very bottom of the trans. case - it is a fine metal screen that has to be checked/cleaned.

/ Hydraulic filter 3510- Need help ASAP #14  
I sell Wix. Ran your number through their web site. They recognize the part number but are not offering a filter to replace it. I have the same problem with my 4530. They won't tool up to build a new number if they don't see substantial possibilities for sales.

/ Hydraulic filter 3510- Need help ASAP
I sell Wix. Ran your number through their web site. They recognize the part number but are not offering a filter to replace it. I have the same problem with my 4530. They won't tool up to build a new number if they don't see substantial possibilities for sales.

Makes sense. But it would be nice if they somehow noted on their cross reference site that the filter they offer is for the older 3510 tractors and NOT compatible with "newer" (at least 2004) tractors.

I even looked up my specific motor, just in case, but same, incorrect filter was listed...:mad:

- JC

OLD thread but came across this info for cross reference of 3510 hydraulic filter options

Attachments

• Hydraulic filter cross reference MAHINDRA 15645153410 - cross reference ...filters _ oilfilter...pdf
    435.8 KB · Views: 53
   / Hydraulic filter 3510- Need help ASAP #17  
Diskdoctr:

My 3510 has two hydraulic filters. One is located on the right side behind the step. A second filter is above the rear axle at the left side of the fuel tank. Apparently the second filter on my 3510 isn't found on many other 3510s. When I called a dealer to get a replacement, he didn't know what I was asking and requested pictures. In the end, he suggested a NAPA hydraulic filter #1621. So far, so good.

As far as the filter on the right side behind the step, do the filters in the cross reference you provided apply to that filter?

Diskdoctr:

My 3510 has two hydraulic filters. One is located on the right side behind the step. A second filter is above the rear axle at the left side of the fuel tank. Apparently the second filter on my 3510 isn't found on many other 3510s. When I called a dealer to get a replacement, he didn't know what I was asking and requested pictures. In the end, he suggested a NAPA hydraulic filter #1621. So far, so good.

As far as the filter on the right side behind the step, do the filters in the cross reference you provided apply to that filter?
There is a second filter in the diagram for the PTO, just a 80 mesh screen (# 49 in the pic) Is that the one?

I haven't seen that NAPA #1621 listed, but looking at it on napaonline, it looks very close. Keep us posted.

Yes, the cross reference (I didn't put the list together) is for the long can filter.

Attachments

• PTO filter.PNG
    PTO filter.PNG
    46.1 KB · Views: 46
   / Hydraulic filter 3510- Need help ASAP #19  
Diskdoctr:

I’ve got an 02 3510 that has that filter on top of the transmission. Best I can tell it is a 15645153410 that is a left over from the old sheetmetal tractors. Billstractor says it would be on top left of transmission. Just when I thought I had changed all the filters I found your post and checked my tractor.

Next question, what fluid flow does it filter since there is another screw on filter under the floor on right side?

Attachments

• IMG_0886.jpeg
    IMG_0886.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 19
Last edited:
   / Hydraulic filter 3510- Need help ASAP #20  
My 02 mahindra 3510 uses the suction style filter Mounted low in front of right rear wheel. I could only find Mahindra brand online.
Was 50 dollars on Amazon
1710776324182.png

My filter wrenches wouldn't fit it so I put a radiator hose clamp around it and was able to turn it off pushing mainly against the worm gear housing with a slip joint plier.

Last edited: