Hydraulic filter 3510- Need help ASAP

/ Hydraulic filter 3510- Need help ASAP #21  
My 02 mahindra 3510 uses the suction style filter Mounted low in front of right rear wheel. I could only find Mahindra brand online.
Was 50 dollars on Amazon
View attachment 857774

My filter wrenches wouldn't fit it so I put a radiator hose clamp around it and was able to turn it off pushing mainly against the worm gear housing with a slip joint plier.
Mine was made Nov of 2001. From the pictures online I’ve found it seems that 3510/4110s that had the stacked rear remote connections have that filter and the ones that have the side by side connections don’t. I’ve seen some up to 04 that had the second filter. The tractors were miss-labeled on TractorHouse. Looks like they changed at some point between the 2001 (Serial# with "U") and 2002 (Serial# with "V") even thought all have the "New Sheetmetal".

This filter was only around $30 from the dealer.

Last edited:
   / Hydraulic filter 3510- Need help ASAP #22  
After reading the entire thread, it begs to ask, why not just buy the OEM filter from the dealer you bought the tractor from?

On my case with my Kubota tractors, I run ONLY OEM Kubota filters and always have and never a second tier supplier filter.

OEM filters might cost a bit more but the engineers who designed my tractors (engines and transmissions) know better than anyone else what is required for longevity so that is what I use and always will. Besides, I accrue a lot of hours on my machines as I use them for farming so I always want to use the best parts available and I never nickel and dime stuff like that.

My 2 cents only.

/ Hydraulic filter 3510- Need help ASAP #23  
No local dealer. I installed a genuine Mahindra filter. I got the tractor used about 13 years ago. The dealer has been gone about 12 years.

Mahindra has abandoned northern Missouri. The nearest is 200 miles away. I have contacted them months ago and got no reply.

I was really disappointed that the filter was that price and that there were no alternative units that I could find. I did get fast free included shipping and had it in 3-4 days.

Interesting about the two filter designs thanks for the tip. I will have to look at mine and see if the outlet ports in the back are positioned laterally or vertically and inspect for a second filter. If it is different than what you have found will report. If there is a second filter, I have not had eyes on it. If I find it I will change it next time I change the oil.

Last edited:
   / Hydraulic filter 3510- Need help ASAP #24  
Here is my 3510
Horizontal hydraulic rear ports so only the suction filter.
1710798056619.png

/ Hydraulic filter 3510- Need help ASAP #25  
Yep. That plate bolted to the top of the transmission just over the fill cap in you picture replaced the filter base.

EDIT: Looking at your picture, my old 3510 has a different 3-point box on the transmission with internal Draft Control linkage. The Mahindra Parts site shows that as "Old Sheet Metal" style.

Last edited: