Hydraulic fluid

/ Hydraulic fluid #61  
I use traveler in my machines hydraulic systems/backhoe/loader which are separate from the trans. For the trans I only use the original manufactures fluid. In my case deere of kubota. My feeling is yes the fluid is expensive but so is a new hydro trans Just my opinion

/ Hydraulic fluid #62  
I use Shell in most things. Even ran Rotella T6 in the motorcycles

/ Hydraulic fluid #63  
Branson took a different approach, so the filters are not painted over.

IMG20240312113804.jpg
IMG20240312113740.jpg
IMG20240312113758.jpg

/ Hydraulic fluid #64  
Here ya go, took me a bit to find it. Post #4 shows the complete video; Yes, they do paint over the Hyd filter (at least with that particular model shown)... Skip to 4:23 and 5:10 of the vid for the primer/painting portions.

Wow.

/ Hydraulic fluid #65  
I use traveler in my machines hydraulic systems/backhoe/loader which are separate from the trans. For the trans I only use the original manufactures fluid. In my case deere of kubota. My feeling is yes the fluid is expensive but so is a new hydro trans Just my opinion
I assume use of hydraulic fluid any brand you are taking in consideration there are different viscosities and formulations along additives. Meaning not all “hydraulic tractor fluid (HTF) can be used in hydrostatic drive. Rather (HTF) is for gear drive tractors. I believe Kubota coins phrase “UDT” for use in hydrostatic whereas the additive package and viscosity is different. Therefore there is difference between “HTF” and Hydrostatic fluids. There are a Lot of cheap oils out there for use that does not make them worthy of 25k plus compact tractor. Unless technical data sheet is citing test specifications with live data you need to be cautious. Marketing will print anything on side of pail if it will assure sale. Not all oils are equal in performance do your homework or plan to pay for repairs in couple years. From hydraulic and hydrostatic pumps to wet brakes bad oil shortens their life. Pretty bucket of oil doesn’t make it good oil but it can assure sale to unaware user since marketing caught their eye and claims it equal to ever tractor specification in the world. Buyer be aware I am speaking from experience on cheap oil.