Hydraulic hoses

/ Hydraulic hoses #1  

vep122

Tractor
kubota
Hello all,
I have 2014 Cs2410 with loader and hoe.
I blew the pressure hydraulic hose that goes from the pump to the rear of the tractor. Does Kioti use metric thread on their hydraulic hoses?
Thanks...Vic

/ Hydraulic hoses #2  
Hello all,
I have 2014 Cs2410 with loader and hoe.
I blew the pressure hydraulic hose that goes from the pump to the rear of the tractor. Does Kioti use metric thread on their hydraulic hoses?
Thanks...Vic

The Pressure Hose connections from the 90degree elbow at the bottom of the hydraulic pump are BSPP 3/8, both ends.

Hope this helps..

/ Hydraulic hoses #3  
As added trivia, all the hydraulic connections on my KL451 loader were also 3/8 BSPP.
BSPP uses the same thread and "cone angle" as JIS but the "cone" is on the other fitting (i.e.male) from JIS.

/ Hydraulic hoses #4  
As added trivia, all the hydraulic connections on my KL451 loader were also 3/8 BSPP.
BSPP uses the same thread and "cone angle" as JIS but the "cone" is on the other fitting (i.e.male) from JIS.

Just to avoid any confusion, when we said BSPP, that is our reference to "British Parallel Pipe", Similar to NPT, but there isn't a taper to the threads. The seal is on the inside of the fitting, but it is not a JIC 37 Cone Fitting. JIC is a different Type of fitting. The hose is question on the CS Series tractors is BSPP 3/8. The KL401 Loader used JIC 6 Fittings, they are different. Sorry if we caused any confusion.

/ Hydraulic hoses #5  
There is certainly opportunity for confusion on these many different fittings. Discount Hydraulics has a great guide you can download free: Discount Hydraulics Thread Guide

I found it very useful (invaluable, actually).

/ Hydraulic hoses #6  
I've done this before, but I'd like to post another "Thank You" to MIE for participating on this board. Not many dealers take the time to do this, and this type of input is very much appreciated. :thumbsup:

Ritcheyvs, thanks for reposting the link to that hydraulic fitting and thread guide. I downloaded it back in 2014, and it is indeed very useful.

/ Hydraulic hoses #7  
Seems there's always a hydraulic shop around than can readily make up new hoses. Just pull and they can duplicate (nothing unusual about Kioti). I've discovered that once shipping charges are added in that the on-line prices aren't any cheaper: local means you let the local pros remove the chance for error.

/ Hydraulic hoses #8  
I had to get a hose made for my FEL and it was metric and a small hose cost me over $100. (I took it off and took it to the shop)

/ Hydraulic hoses #9  
I had to get a hose made for my FEL and it was metric and a small hose cost me over $100. (I took it off and took it to the shop)

AU$? So, about $75US. Still, ouch!

/ Hydraulic hoses #10  
Yep! It hurt. I keep looking at the rest of them and wondering if I should get a new tractor before they pop. :)