Hydraulic hoses

/ Hydraulic hoses #11  
Yep! It hurt. I keep looking at the rest of them and wondering if I should get a new tractor before they pop. :)

Hoses are relatively cheap.

/ Hydraulic hoses #12  
   / Hydraulic hoses #13  
No affiliation other than customer, but you can go to the Discount Hydraulics web site and get their price on custom hoses. You select fittings, hose type and length. There is an additional charge (in addition to hose and fittings) for assembly. That will give you a price to compare with other sources. They deliver in a few days, in my experience.

/ Hydraulic hoses #14  
I've bought from Discount Hydraulics (good experience with them), but that was for several hoses and fittings (new install). When looking to replace a hose (which I later found out was OK [resolvable fitting issue and not the hose]) I discovered that, when adding in shipping, it wasn't sufficiently cheaper than having a hose built locally (walk in, hand them a hose and tell them to make a new one- in a few minutes they walk out with your new hose!).

/ Hydraulic hoses #15  
I replaced 6 of my 8 front FEL hoses toady on my smaller Kubota (2 had been replaced recently). I ordered per the Kubota part number from GoldenEagledirect.com and could not be more happy compared to sourcing locally after buying or specifying all the fittings. The hoses were about $15 +/- each, a bargain in my book for factory Kubota spec hoses. I have another Kubota FEL that I need to do the same thing with.

/ Hydraulic hoses #16  
^^^ to add a point, in the past I have spent a lot of time measuring, selecting fittings and having hoses made. It sure was a lot easier to just order spec hoses from golden eagle. Hoses were perfectly sized, inexpensive and carried the Kubota part number. Not something I thought I would ever find.

/ Hydraulic hoses #17  
Have to remember these sources. My hoses are still relatively new, but the previous owner did leave the tractor out in the sun. I'm sure that shortens the hose life somewhat.

Besides keeping the tractor under cover when not in use, does anyone know a good way to protect the rubber? I used 303 Protectant on my car tires. Think I can do the same with the hoses...

/ Hydraulic hoses #18  
An old thread but this fall my 2015 cs2410 pressure hose developed a leak and found in the dealer installation that the 900psi return hose was on the pressure side. Had naps build a high pressure hose.