Hydraulic Tip 'N Tilt

/ Hydraulic Tip 'N Tilt #31  
Re: Hydraulic Tip \'N Tilt

For some reason, photo 2 didn't seem to be included, here it is.

Larry...

/ Hydraulic Tip 'N Tilt #32  

Bird,
I never finished my TnT, partially because I got that MONSTEROUS valve from Northern. I'm sure it's a great valve set(three spool). But, I think it would even be big on Mark's 4310!

I'm looking for a smaller valve set before I install this one...

Anyone want a 25gpm 3-spool valve? It's brand new, never used; just a little large physically

RobertN in Shingle Springs Calif

/ Hydraulic Tip 'N Tilt #33  

MarkC, KubMech -

Wow! With those 2 posts I think I'm actually starting to grasp some hydraulic fundamentals here.
brain.gif

Mark, the hydraulic pressure guage sounds like an awesome thing to have -- I love feedback. Would it even help inept operators like me in situations where I thought I scooped up a load of gravel, but in fact didn't?

KubMech, that extra port after the 3ph -- do all Kubotas have that? Even my little L2500? I'm a hundred miles from my tractor right now, but tell me what to look for so's I can find it in my manual, parts list or library of pictures.

Bird, thanks for starting this thread. Are you getting as much out of this as I am? /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

XMasSig.gif

/ Hydraulic Tip 'N Tilt #34  

Yes, it was hovering below 0F when I ran the snow blower yesterday. I got the hydraulic fluid warmed up. However, it cooled off in the loader cylinders. Every time I'd used the loader after blowing for awhile, the float position just sort of eased the bucket down.

I may not want to plumb hydraulics in the winter, but I did take a more educated look yesterday. Low and behold--there's an extra hose! Seems like I've got a standard 3-hose power beyond setup, and a standard diverter valve as well. Guess I never actually looked at the setup until I started to think seriously about working on it. I thought the tractor must be older than power beyond.

I believe what I said about a connection works. I only have to determine which return hose carries the open centre flow. Well, this just gives me a little extra to study on, and winter's a good time to study, except when it snows.

/ Hydraulic Tip 'N Tilt #35  

Robert -
Check the Surplus Center in Lincoln, NE, I found a 3 spool valve, open center valve, no power beyound, with somewhere around 10 gpm flow thats only about 6"x8"x 2.5", only down side is you have to make your own handles. Works great with JD 790 6 gpm pump.

/ Hydraulic Tip 'N Tilt #36  

Halsey Green:
Please register!! I've got a JD790 and I, as so many of the guys (and gals) here, have been getting a LOT out of this thread and the whole board.
I'm very interested in how you expanded the hydraulics on a 790... my dealer said there was no way??

/ Hydraulic Tip 'N Tilt #37  

I completely agree. I too own a 790 and we need more diversity on this board! Get some more Green pictures out there as well.

Rob

/ Hydraulic Tip 'N Tilt #38  

Mark - I am registered, just forget to sign in

Your dealer doesn't know the JD 790 very well. The rear hydraulic outlets are listed as a factory option and available as a parts kit for later installation. If you want the part number let me know and I'll get it for you. I purchased my as a parts kit - around $160 - it includes the lines for installation on tractors with or without the SCV, thus you are buying parts you don't need. Installation is easy, just have to remove the seat, and sheet metal below the seat. I have the SCV so all I had to do was remove the metal line running from the SCV to the 3 point block and install a line from the SCV to back above where the top link attaches, and another metal line from there the top link attaches to the 3 point block. You then have a hose and a male and female quick disconnect that connects the two metal lines. You must always maintain a path between the two metal lines with anything you connect into the circuit, if not the pump goes into relief and they warn you of damage. Took a couple of hours to install. Only scarely thing that I had happen is my 3 point wouldn't work after installation, was operating the engine at idle and there was not enough pressure to blow the air from the circuit. Cranked up the rpm and it cleared the air.

If you go to order the kit, be prepared to wait, mine was over a month, John Deere had only 2 in stock, and would not ship unless it was needed to repair a broken machine. Had to wait until they added more to the inventory.

Any valves you add in the system must be open center or have power beyond to permit the circular flow of the open center hydraulic system.
I purchased both the shop manual and parts manual for the JD 790 and both are great on figuring how things work and what options are available. Hope this helps.

/ Hydraulic Tip 'N Tilt

Larry, now we're really getting somewhere./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif That's what I was looking for. In the first picture, I can only see 4 hoses at the valve. In the second picture, I can see the 4 hoses going to the cylinders, but of course, there has to be at least 6 to/from the valve; I just can't see them. Another thing I'm not clear on is whether that optional rear hydraulic block is before or after the 3-point lift cylinder, so I don't know whether the valve for the tip 'n tilt has to have power beyond or not. If so, then it would seem to me that you would have to have a total of 7 hoses to/from the valve just like the front end loader has, which would mean a "T" to get the return line to tank to join the one from the loader valve? And while I sure hate to spend another $600 right now, I'd cheerfully do it for the tip 'n tilt arrangement you have. Any details you can provide, such as the valve brand & model, cylinder brand & model, etc. would sure be appreciated.

I printed out the pictures and on the printed page they're clearer than on the screen (or is that my old eyes?). I think I know why I can't see the other two hoses (hidden behind the two going to the rear?).

And of course we welcome all new members, but I'm especially glad you joined in./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif Thanks for the information.

Bird<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Bird on 12/13/00 06:15 PM.</FONT></P>

/ Hydraulic Tip 'N Tilt #40  

HalseyGreen, thanks for that info. Is this the "power beyond" kit needed for the backhoe? I almost got that with my tractor, but figured the backhoe is so far down my priority list It wasn't worth it. Good to hear you installed it yourself, that would be my preference as well.

Rob