3-Point Hitch hydraulic top link

/ hydraulic top link #31  
Whatever floats your boat...but a box blade is NOT an attachment where a hydraulic top link in float is commonly applicable...

Ummmm...what???

My box blade is the exact reason I went with an hydraulic top link! Being able to adjust the fore/aft tilt of the blade on the fly, and thereby adjusting the aggressiveness of the cut, is the single greatest improvement to a box blade there is IMHO.

I only blade my drive 3-4 times a year but I'm also thinking of adding hydraulic tilt to the tractor.

/ hydraulic top link #32  
A floating top link (adjusting to tilt) sounds like a good use for draft control. I have used draft control on my mower for years due to the terraces in the pasture. I would love to have a hyd. top and side link for my box blade. I just can't go the money for the amount of time I use it.

/ hydraulic top link #33  
For those of you that think a floating top link would be handy. Take off the top link when doing whatever work and see how far that gets you.

/ hydraulic top link #34  
A floating top link (adjusting to tilt) sounds like a good use for draft control. I have used draft control on my mower for years due to the terraces in the pasture. I would love to have a hyd. top and side link for my box blade. I just can't go the money for the amount of time I use it.

Draft Control won't work with a floating top link. At least the ones I had a long time ago sensed the pressure on the top link.

/ hydraulic top link #35  
For those of you that think a floating top link would be handy. Take off the top link when doing whatever work and see how far that gets you.

Yep, replace it with a slightly longer chain, so you can still pick it up.

/ hydraulic top link #37  
Ummmm...what???

My box blade is the exact reason I went with an hydraulic top link! Being able to adjust the fore/aft tilt of the blade on the fly, and thereby adjusting the aggressiveness of the cut, is the single greatest improvement to a box blade there is IMHO...

I could not agree more...not sure exactly what it is you are questioning ??

FWIW...
Most of the time when I am working our half mile road I am constantly adjusting the hydraulic side link...much more often then the top link...

/ hydraulic top link #38  
I could not agree more...not sure exactly what it is you are questioning ??

FWIW...
Most of the time when I am working our half mile road I am constantly adjusting the hydraulic side link...much more often then the top link...

Whatever floats your boat...but a box blade is NOT an attachment where a hydraulic top link in float is commonly applicable...

I'm confused. In the original quote you said it is NOT applicable, yet in your reply to my post you agree that is IS applicable.

I get that a hydraulic tilt is handy too, but at the moment I only have one outlet available.

/ hydraulic top link #39  
I'm confused. In the original quote you said it is NOT applicable, yet in your reply to my post you agree that is IS applicable.

I get that a hydraulic tilt is handy too, but at the moment I only have one outlet available.

He's saying the FLOAT option on some top links is not applicable for most uses.

/ hydraulic top link #40  
Yep, replace it with a slightly longer chain, so you can still pick it up.

Just to clarify, you're saying attach the toplink to the BB with a short piece of chain instead of the standard hook-up. So I'm thinking that would allow the ANGLE of the BB to change, right? (the "angle of the dangle") But the HEIGHT would remain fixed because of being attached to the lower links. If this is correct, seems like an improvement....will have to try it to see.

Can anyone provide pics of this set-up? Would it work with a QH? Thanks.