Hydrauluc top & tilt kit

/ Hydrauluc top & tilt kit #41  
The three 3 position valves have the DPOCV built into the valve, there is no float feature with those 3 valves. His 4th valve is a 4 position valve and has the float feature, but no DPOCV. It leaks down.

To the best of my knowledge, there is no control valve that has both the float feature and DPOCV built into it.

Thank you, Brian.

BTW, when I was reading through Henro's epic thread from 2004, I was surprised by this comment from another TBN member in post #100:

First if you use an orifice restrictor you will need to have the flow go into a 45 or 90 degree fitting to diffuse the small stream. If you do not use this setup some where down the road the restricted flow will cut a hole in the hose.

I hadn't heard of that potential problem with the orifice flow restrictors. :shocked: It does make sense in theory, since the velocity of the fluid increases through the orifice. I was wondering what your take on it is, and whether it's a practical concern on these CUTS. I've had flow restrictor orifices on the top link and side link cylinders of my Kioti NX for five years, and so far no hose failures. Two restrictors for each cylinder, and they are between the quick connect fittings and the threaded hose ends, so they flow straight in.

/ Hydrauluc top & tilt kit #42  
Thank you, Brian.

BTW, when I was reading through Henro's epic thread from 2004, I was surprised by this comment from another TBN member in post #100:

First if you use an orifice restrictor you will need to have the flow go into a 45 or 90 degree fitting to diffuse the small stream. If you do not use this setup some where down the road the restricted flow will cut a hole in the hose.

I hadn't heard of that potential problem with the orifice flow restrictors. :shocked: It does make sense in theory, since the velocity of the fluid increases through the orifice. I was wondering what your take on it is, and whether it's a practical concern on these CUTS. I've had flow restrictor orifices on the top link and side link cylinders of my Kioti NX for five years, and so far no hose failures. Two restrictors for each cylinder, and they are between the quick connect fittings and the threaded hose ends, so they flow straight in.

I provide straight flow restrictors as well as 45s & 90s. To this date I have not had anyone contact me about any hoses having holes cut into them. Not to say that it won't happen eventually:eek:, hoses do deteriorate over time but no issues-concerns so far.:thumbsup:

/ Hydrauluc top & tilt kit #43  
I provide straight flow restrictors as well as 45s & 90s. To this date I have not had anyone contact me about any hoses having holes cut into them. Not to say that it won't happen eventually:eek:, hoses do deteriorate over time but no issues-concerns so far.:thumbsup:

Trying to think thru that. Wouldn't the velocity slow immediately after exiting the orifice? Like within 1/4"?

/ Hydrauluc top & tilt kit #44  
Trying to think thru that. Wouldn't the velocity slow immediately after exiting the orifice? Like within 1/4"?

I believe that you are correct that it slows pretty quick, probably why I have not had any complaints about it. ;)

/ Hydrauluc top & tilt kit #45  
Bullets fired into water only make it a few feet at best. I'm not clear on the velocity of the fluid out of the restrictor. But more viscous hydraulic fluid will brake things faster than water. An a stream of hydraulic fluid wont have the cohesiveness or weight of a solid.

Water jets obviously cut stuff very well at a few inches. But they are running like 40k PSI & loaded with garnet abrasive material.

/ Hydrauluc top & tilt kit #46  

Sounds right to me. Bournouli's Principle. As the fluid exits, its static pressure increases as quickly as it dropped on entering the orifice. Also, unlike a water jet cutter, the narrow stream is dispersing into more fluid.

Maybe one of the engineers on this board who specialize in fluid dynamics will crank this into Bournoui's Equation and give us a definitive answer. :laughing:

/ Hydrauluc top & tilt kit #47  
I think we already know the answer.