Hydro capacity GC2610

/ Hydro capacity GC2610 #1  

Wacky

Veteran Member
Tractor
2010 GC2610
I have just put about 1 gallon of fluid in the tractor and the sight glass is full, Used the brush hog for about 4 hrs yesterday. But when I hook the BH up the fluid is not in the window. My question is how do I know when I am not OVERFILLING the hyro unit?? Do I extend the BH, FEL, cylinders and raise or lower the 3pt.? Then check the level? Or just hook up and leave the FEL on the ground and the BH in "stored" position?
I just want to make sure to prevent any issues on the steep ground I do operate on. Thanks in advance for all the info.:thumbsup:

/ Hydro capacity GC2610 #2  
I have just put about 1 gallon of fluid in the tractor and the sight glass is full, Used the brush hog for about 4 hrs yesterday. But when I hook the BH up the fluid is not in the window. My question is how do I know when I am not OVERFILLING the hyro unit?? Do I extend the BH, FEL, cylinders and raise or lower the 3pt.? Then check the level? Or just hook up and leave the FEL on the ground and the BH in "stored" position?
I just want to make sure to prevent any issues on the steep ground I do operate on. Thanks in advance for all the info.:thumbsup:

Being that all the cylinders on the loader,backhoe,mower deck are all double acting cylinders once you have used them in and out a few times and have worked all the [AIR] out of the system.The oil in the site glass once its topped up should pretty much stay at the full level. Of course the 3pth arms should always be lowered as well.The other thing that makes a big difference is that the tractor should be on flat level ground.A bit of a angle anyway makes a big difference.Hope this helps.Larry

/ Hydro capacity GC2610
I did just what you advised. I went and used the loader several times. The window stays full even when the FEL is fully up and dumped. But I am having a hard time getting it to move from setting on the ground. It has to be running at higher RPM than idle. I don't remember having any issues like this before on the old one, just feels sluggish, like it is low on fluid. I have 7hrs. on it now, surely the air is out by now??:confused3:

/ Hydro capacity GC2610 #4  
The window stays full even when the FEL is fully up and dumped. But I am having a hard time getting it to move from setting on the ground. It has to be running at higher RPM than idle. I don't remember having any issues like this before on the old one, just feels sluggish, like it is low on fluid. I have 7hrs. on it now, surely the air is out by now??:confused3:[/QUOTE]

Whoa this is a diffrent question.I answered about the oil level [as long as the level shows in the site glass it's good] not the loader hydralics seeming like there weak????Maybe someone with a 2610 can answer this better,and compare there's to what yours is like.Larry

/ Hydro capacity GC2610
I should have clarified. I am having the "weak FEL" problem also. I don't have the BH on right now but the fluid level is in the window. I am just trying to figure out the way to measure the fluid level in the window. I cannot find clarification if all the cylinders need to be extended and THEN check the level or just check the level when all cylinders, and 3pt are retracted.:confused: Sorry for the adding the FEL issue. :confused2:

/ Hydro capacity GC2610 #6  
On the weak FEL, if you have not already done so, I would make sure all the quick disconnects are fully seated. I would disconnect and reconnect all the hydraulic fittings, even the power beyond loop. They make sure the 3ph lift lever is in the neutral position. IE give the machine the complete once over to rule out the bozo mistakes :D and make sure the hydro fluid can flow as it should. I know I have made my share :ashamed:

Then re-install the BH and see if that feels sluggish as well.

/ Hydro capacity GC2610 #7  
DO you have another Dealer in your area.Is it or would it be possible for you to go and try out a 2600 or 2610 on there lot to see if the loader acts the same way.Just a idea to sit on and try out a different one to see if it does the same thing.Larry

/ Hydro capacity GC2610 #8  
Concerning fluid level, it's like Larry said-- in the book, it says to check with 3PH lowered. Apparently, positions of FEL & BH don't matter.

/ Hydro capacity GC2610
On the weak FEL, if you have not already done so, I would make sure all the quick disconnects are fully seated. I would disconnect and reconnect all the hydraulic fittings, even the power beyond loop. They make sure the 3ph lift lever is in the neutral position. IE give the machine the complete once over to rule out the bozo mistakes :D and make sure the hydro fluid can flow as it should. I know I have made my share :ashamed:

Then re-install the BH and see if that feels sluggish as well.

I tried that, I have made the same bozo mistakes too:eek:. I tried the FEL again and it takes alot of pressure on the joystick to get it to initially move up (the bucket). I guess it could need adjustment??:confused:. Is it adjustable? As for the BH, when I hook it up it seems to work fine, a little air worked out but not much. But when I put the BH in "store" position the window is empty. But when I remove the BH it is full??? Should I be adding fluid with the BH on and not worry about overfilling? I just want to make sure I cannot blow any seals from too much fluid.

/ Hydro capacity GC2610 #10  
I can asnswer part of your question.
Lower the FEL, roll the bucket, and at idle, it should raise the front wheels off the ground.
Once the machine is warm.......lower the bucket.........then go a little more, the front wheels should lift off the ground.......at idle.
My GC2400 does.
Hope this helps.