Hydro capacity GC2610

/ Hydro capacity GC2610 #11  
I tried that, I have made the same bozo mistakes too:eek:. I tried the FEL again and it takes alot of pressure on the joystick to get it to initially move up (the bucket). I guess it could need adjustment??:confused:. Is it adjustable? As for the BH, when I hook it up it seems to work fine, a little air worked out but not much. But when I put the BH in "store" position the window is empty. But when I remove the BH it is full??? Should I be adding fluid with the BH on and not worry about overfilling? I just want to make sure I cannot blow any seals from too much fluid.
I checked the level on mine with the BH on (store position) and it's full. When I did the 50 hr change I filled it full with the BH off and the 3ph fully lowered. Obviously the 3ph is raised with the BH mounted so not totally apples to apples. Seems odd that you are finding the joystick stiff. Obviously it is considerably stiffer than your old machine. That makes me wonder if the (or at least a) problem lies there. I don't remember seeing any joystick adjustment in the manual. I'm starting to think perhaps a call or visit to a dealer may be in order.

Perhaps this is a opportunity to set up relationship with another dealership. You could go to another dealer and explain your entire story and that you need to change dealers because you have no faith in the dealer that sold the machine.

I'm know very little about hydraulic diagnostics so I'm not of much use. That little joystick lock handle on the body of the joystick is fully released, correct? I guess you could pull the shroud off the valve body and check that lock mechanism is fully releasing. If that is not it you may need someone who actually knows the system. Wish I could help more.

/ Hydro capacity GC2610
I can asnswer part of your question.
Lower the FEL, roll the bucket, and at idle, it should raise the front wheels off the ground.
Once the machine is warm.......lower the bucket.........then go a little more, the front wheels should lift off the ground.......at idle.
My GC2400 does.
Hope this helps.

Thanks Don, mine does that too. I am having trouble lifting the FEL off the ground. The dump works fine, just a little slower than my old 2610. Maybe that it is only 8 hrs old?

/ Hydro capacity GC2610 #13  
Hey Wacky. Sorry to hear about your past woes with the brake, lessons learned I'm sure. As for the sluggishness in the hydraulics, here is what I would check. Shut machine off to begin with. Roll all hydraulic levers to
ensure no stored hydraulic pressure. Clean the outside of each hydraulic fitting with a clean, lint free rag. Undo all fittings for the FEL and BH one by one. While the fittings are undone clean the inside of each with a very clean lint free rag. Be sure to try to pull the fittings apart to ensure the balls have
seated. Next, check your three point lift lever position, is it in the neutral,
or middle position. It sounds as though you have a hydro lock issue, where the pressure is not being returned to sump. As for oil level. The volume of the sump is sufficient enough that once you see oil in the sight glass any or all cylinder positions are of no concern. Next tip. Check your suction strainer
in the rear end. Hydro pumps need unrestricted access to the oil that they are trying to pump. If you hear any knocking while stroking the cylinders it is air in the system.

Good Luck,
David

/ Hydro capacity GC2610
Hey Wacky. Sorry to hear about your past woes with the brake, lessons learned I'm sure. As for the sluggishness in the hydraulics, here is what I would check. Shut machine off to begin with. Roll all hydraulic levers to
ensure no stored hydraulic pressure. Clean the outside of each hydraulic fitting with a clean, lint free rag. Undo all fittings for the FEL and BH one by one. While the fittings are undone clean the inside of each with a very clean lint free rag. Be sure to try to pull the fittings apart to ensure the balls have
seated. Next, check your three point lift lever position, is it in the neutral,
or middle position. It sounds as though you have a hydro lock issue, where the pressure is not being returned to sump. As for oil level. The volume of the sump is sufficient enough that once you see oil in the sight glass any or all cylinder positions are of no concern. Next tip. Check your suction strainer
in the rear end. Hydro pumps need unrestricted access to the oil that they are trying to pump. If you hear any knocking while stroking the cylinders it is air in the system.

Good Luck,
David

Thanks David, I will try all this when I get home tonight. I did hear a knock when the tractor was idling, coming from the back of the tractor. It wasn't very loud at all, just enough to catch my attention. That has since subsided. If I continue to use the tractor and FEL the "hydro-lock" should go away or should I bleed something? Thanks again for the info:thumbsup:.

/ Hydro capacity GC2610 #15  
The hydro lock will be caused by a fitting that is not coupled
correctly. This is why I suggested that you check all fittings
from front to back. When you move the FEL or BH levers
you are forcing Hydro fluid to one end of the cylinder.
Since oil compression is minimal, if the connection is suspect
then the oil trying to escape/return to the sump could be impeded.
Not saying it's the solution, but at least try it.
Good Luck
David

/ Hydro capacity GC2610 #16  
Wacky, it sounds like you might need to pull the cover off the joystick and look and see how things are working. When I got mine, it would not stay in "float". Instead of the 100 mile trip to the dealer, a couple of turns on the adjusting nuts made everything work better. There's not a lot in getting the cover off, just a few screws and it pulls apart.
Not to high jack your thread, but I had my 3pt hitch valve go bad and it was replaced last November. Apparently all auxillary hydraulics flows from this valve. Prior to the valve being replaced, my loader and hoe were as strong as my 2310. Since new valve, this thing is terrible. Dealer mechanic stated that Massey has toned down pressures to extend jack life. My 2310 would "break" itself. My 2610 is "weak". By the way, who's your dealer?

/ Hydro capacity GC2610 #17  
Thanks Don, mine does that too. I am having trouble lifting the FEL off the ground. The dump works fine, just a little slower than my old 2610. Maybe that it is only 8 hrs old?

Mock1, may have answered your questions(I'm not sure), but there are 2 loader valves available for these machines.
The first is the "factory installed valve with the "fast dump"(move the valve to the right, you should feel an "indent", before the "fast dump", just like the "float" position).
The "after market valve" does not have this feature, therefore it dumps slower.
Hope this helps

P.S. I have the "after market valve", no "fast dump" on mine.
P.s.s. Mine does seem to be getting a little stronger after 30 hours(or maybe I'm just getting accustomed to it).
But I am having no problem lifting my FEL.

/ Hydro capacity GC2610
I never noticed the fast dump detent. I will check tomarrow I am going to do some BH work before the rain starts. In the morning I will hook the BH and FEL back up and see how everything works. Thanks again:thumbsup:,

/ Hydro capacity GC2610 #19  
I never noticed the fast dump detent. I will check tomarrow I am going to do some BH work before the rain starts. In the morning I will hook the BH and FEL back up and see how everything works. Thanks again:thumbsup:,
Your welcome:)

/ Hydro capacity GC2610 #20  
its gona b one of three things. i have ran into this before. if u will call my shop tomorrow i will walk u threw on whays wrong. 903-469-3034
hope i can help
Jeremy