Hydro problem/KL401 loader . . .

/ Hydro problem/KL401 loader . . .
dfkrug said:
It seems to me, MARK, that for the regen function to work, the FEL
valve joystick has to be moved. Does the KL401 have a self-leveling bucket?

No self-leveling bucket on the KL401. :confused:

/ Hydro problem/KL401 loader . . . #12  
The KL1231 loader on my 3054 does the same thing? I thought it might be air in the cylinders and was going to try bleeding them; now I don't have to, as it appears to be a common problem :eek:

Patches said:
The KL1231 loader on my 3054 does the same thing? I thought it might be air in the cylinders and was going to try bleeding them; now I don't have to, as it appears to be a common problem :eek:

My dealer is literally right up the street from my house so at lunch I am going to go talk to them and see what their thought is. I doesn't seem normal to me. Should be a warranty fix in my opinion.

Talk to two dealers and explained the issue and both said something sounds "off". I guess I'll take it to the dealer next week as much as HATE to do it. They end up keeping the tractor for like a week everytime I take it to them. Kind of hard to run a business without one of you main tools.:mad:

/ Hydro problem/KL401 loader . . . #15  
Post their answer to the problem, if you would . Used my 3054 today and it is still doing "it", although not consistantly:confused: :confused: Hopefully, it's an easy fix, as mine is way out of warranty

/ Hydro problem/KL401 loader . . . #16  
Patches said:

The system should be self bleeding, don't think you could end up with air in your cyls. or anywhere else for that matter.

someone please let me know if I am wrong.

Thanks,
Joel

/ Hydro problem/KL401 loader . . . #17  
Not sure what you are experiencing. Can you shoot a video and possibly post on the web or, if coming to cookout, bring the video with you?

If you are dumping a load, the load can push the cyls down faster than the oil can recover, when this happens, there can be a pause for the oil to catch up. In other words, you dump a heavy load, then go to dump further, it takes a second for the bucket to react.

When you step into the bucket, do the pistons literally move in or out of the cyls?

Joel

/ Hydro problem/KL401 loader . . . #18  
From what i know and my experience abot hydraulics, just by working the cylinder the air is automatically bled out. I still need to look closer on my CK30 to see where the slack is. I didnt pay any attention to see if its the pins and bushings or the cylinder. IF the problem is hydraulic in nature it is probably somewhere in the valve body. I would like to hear what a dealer/ mechanic has to say on the problem.

Patches said:
Post their answer to the problem, if you would . Used my 3054 today and it is still doing "it", although not consistantly:confused: :confused: Hopefully, it's an easy fix, as mine is way out of warranty

Ironically, I used it today to turn my manure pile and it didn't seem bad at all. When I was finished I parked the tractor back in the shed and had the bucket curled back with the cutting edge off the ground and the "heel" on the ground. I stood on the cutting edge and it would not budge. I jiggled the lever side to side to relive the pressure thinking that would "bring back the problem" but no dice. It only allowd the bucket to move just slight . . . what I would call within the tolerances of the normal play of the all the hinges/connection points/ brackets/etc. Go figure, I don't know what to think now.:confused:

/ Hydro problem/KL401 loader . . . #20  
My thought is, for there to be a hydraulic problem bad enough that you could move by hand, you'd have not power to curl any kind of load.

I am thinking you are good.

Joel