I am trying to support the dealership-they are making it difficult!

/ I am trying to support the dealership-they are making it difficult! #1  

ksshooter

Bronze Member
Tractor
New Holland TC30
Took my first trip to the NH dealership since becoming a New Holland owner (2006 TC30). I need a block heater since I will be using this CUT:D this winter. Almost bought it online but decided to checkout the dealership. Called ahead to make sure they had a block heater for my TC30, they put my name on it and after work over I went. One guy behind the parts counter and a big ol'boy customer sittin there on a stool that looks like he has been there all afternoon. Definitely not in any hurry and does not really know what he wants. One other customer in front of me who, like me, also looks anxious to get what he needs and get moving. Long story short..25 minutes later I am leaving with some touchup paint and my heater. Saturday morning I pull out the instructions.....WRONG HEATER!!:mad: Am I driving 70 miles round trip to get another? No...I will give them a chance upon my return to work which only puts me 5 miles away from them. Side note...when I called for the block heater I also asked about the FEL bracing kit mentioned in another post on TBN regarding NH CUTs breaking due to heavy FEL usage. Someone mentioned they would not honor the warranty on a tractor using the 7308 loader with round bales unless this bracing kit was installed. Two phone calls and so far no one available who can answer my question regarding this issue. Plus I want to know if it will work on my Rhino 2408 (bought with the tractor in 2006 from this dealership but different location). I have not given up on them and I hope they can do better in the neer future but so far it does not look promising. Okay, that was my rant and I feel better now...thanks :laughing:

/ I am trying to support the dealership-they are making it difficult! #2  
Wishing you the best. Hope everything works out in your favor.:):tractor:

/ I am trying to support the dealership-they are making it difficult! #3  
That is disheartening. I hope things change in the future. Confidence in your dealership is really important.

/ I am trying to support the dealership-they are making it difficult! #4  
Took my first trip to the NH dealership since becoming a New Holland owner (2006 TC30). I need a block heater since I will be using this CUT:D this winter. Almost bought it online but decided to checkout the dealership. Called ahead to make sure they had a block heater for my TC30, they put my name on it and after work over I went. One guy behind the parts counter and a big ol'boy customer sittin there on a stool that looks like he has been there all afternoon. Definitely not in any hurry and does not really know what he wants. One other customer in front of me who, like me, also looks anxious to get what he needs and get moving. Long story short..25 minutes later I am leaving with some touchup paint and my heater. Saturday morning I pull out the instructions.....WRONG HEATER!!:mad: Am I driving 70 miles round trip to get another? No...I will give them a chance upon my return to work which only puts me 5 miles away from them. Side note...when I called for the block heater I also asked about the FEL bracing kit mentioned in another post on TBN regarding NH CUTs breaking due to heavy FEL usage. Someone mentioned they would not honor the warranty on a tractor using the 7308 loader with round bales unless this bracing kit was installed. Two phone calls and so far no one available who can answer my question regarding this issue. Plus I want to know if it will work on my Rhino 2408 (bought with the tractor in 2006 from this dealership but different location). I have not given up on them and I hope they can do better in the neer future but so far it does not look promising. Okay, that was my rant and I feel better now...thanks :laughing:

I always check the NH website for the correct part number BEFORE I order the part and ask them if that is the correct part number or has it been superceded. I have a higher probability of getting the correct part that way.

NH is trying to make a comeback in Western Montana after abandoning the area and letting JD have a virtual monopoly on farm equipment around here. They don't have a regular service department but they bring techs up from Dillon for repair work. The folks in Missoula have been pretty good to work with but the really knowledgable people are in Dillon or at CNH. You sometimes have to wait to get a questions answered til they run their trap line.

/ I am trying to support the dealership-they are making it difficult!
Jim, yes, I agree..confidence would be good!

Jerry, I did check it but forgot to bring the stupid number with me:eek:

Sounds like they are making a push in your area although trap lines are important :cool:

What amazes me about most larger companies is how much they spend to gain a customer and how little they spend to keep one!

Hoping things improve at my local dealer:thumbsup:

/ I am trying to support the dealership-they are making it difficult! #6  
What amazes me about most larger companies is how much they spend to gain a customer and how little they spend to keep one!

I think you are onto something. I completely agree.:thumbsup:

/ I am trying to support the dealership-they are making it difficult! #7  
My local Ford/NH dealler has always been first rate, Maybe it is because they don't have the stools... My JD dealer and other dealers all seem to have the stools with those same guys sitting there like they have been there all season. Reminds me of "Norm Peterson" of "Cheers". Many times I have had to wait for a long story to finish that had nothing to do with tractors before the parts guy would break away to help. I can appreciate the slow life of a smalll community, I perfer that, but when I need a part, I typically need to get back home and continue working. Wish I had time to sit all day at the counter of the local JD dealer and tell stories....

/ I am trying to support the dealership-they are making it difficult! #8  
I have to admit some times I am the impatient type I'll wait 5 0r 10 minuets in that citation then I would then say "EXCUSE ME I need a part and I have equipment broke down" if that didn't work I'd ask for the manager or owner or go to a salesmen.

tom

/ I am trying to support the dealership-they are making it difficult! #9  
My dealership is owned by three brothers. One of them runs the parts department and is normally behind the counter with two other parts guys and a very capable lady they have hired recently. Of course, they sell a lot of parts and also ring up items from the large self-service aisles with all kinds of general tractor/farm stuff. They even have big screen monitors behind the counter so you can see the Illustrated Parts Diagrams and your part as they look it up. I always look at the other folks there as maybe someone who spends lots of money with them and may need a tiny part for a mega-dollar piece of machinery. I don't seem to see the same folks there everytime I go, but different folks who look like hard working farmers needing some help. Anyhow, with 4 friendly people working the counter, it's never a long wait.

Recently, I was standing in line behind a fellow who told me to go ahead of him. I then noticed that he was one of the technicians from the shop who needed a part lookup and was allowing me as a customer to go ahead of him. As I ordered my part, he overheard me talk about the brake master cylinders I needed for my backhoe and then took the time to advise me on time saving procedures, making sure I replaced all the copper gaskets with new ones, and the best way to bleed the brakes. I left the counter with a lot more than the parts I paid for.:thumbsup: The brother who was working there also noticed I had one of their old worn caps on and tossed me another gimme cap. Now that's a place I will return to whenever I need anything else.:D

/ I am trying to support the dealership-they are making it difficult! #10  
I have to admit some times I am the impatient type I'll wait 5 0r 10 minuets in that citation then I would then say "EXCUSE ME I need a part and I have equipment broke down" if that didn't work I'd ask for the manager or owner or go to a salesmen.

tom

Don't do that in a restaurant setting because you will have a 99.999999999% chance of some foreign object or some bodily fluid being placed in your food.:)